“Excellent Italian Food”

Rosedale Brick Oven
Ranked #55 of 1,004 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From delicious soups, salads and appetizers to mouth watering pasta dishes.With aromatic and tantalizing specials of meats and fish, there is something for everyone. Our Wood Burning pizzas will save you the airfare of traveling to Napoli, Italia. Recipes from our New York neighborhoods brought to you and prepared fresh every day. Even our breads are home made. We use only the best imported products available to create dishes you will crave time and time again. •A Tuscan theme with old world brick, tiles and wood that make you feel at ease. •A warm, friendly staff that greets you and welcomes you home. •Watch our pizza and pasta chefs prepare your meal, using only the finest imported and local ingredients to ensure your meal tastes the best. •Watch us prepare our dough and pizza sauce made from imported San Marzano tomatoes. •Our authentic wood-fired brick oven, with its flames in view, sending an aroma throughout that excite your senses. •As you explore the menu, you will find many delicious dishes. Enjoy soft music with songs from the "Rat Pack", Frankie Valli and others. Watch silent video monitors featuring classic black and white movies and photos of old times past. Whether sitting and enjoying a meal, being at the bar sipping a glass of wine or drinking your favorite beer, your senses will be excited. Don't forget our Espresso and desserts. Early bird specials, lunch specials, daily specials and happy hour.
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

I came here for lunch and ordered the pasta with marinara sauce and sweet Italian sausage. Very tasty meal and it made for an excellent lunch. I would certainly come back!

1  Thank Jonathan W
JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

We would like to thank you for stopping in at lunch and taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your return

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Since moving to Naples 20 years ago, its been hard to find great Italian food until now! We have dined at Rosedales numerous times since they opened and have had a wonderful meal each time. From the Margarita pizza to the chicken piccata to their homemade meat sauce and everything in between.....its all amazing. Nothing like a fresh homemade Italian meal and great service. Rosedales has both.

1  Thank Tracey L
JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. It is always uplifting to hear someone say how long they have been here and now see us as one of their favorites. With so many restaurants to choose from, it is an honor to hear such a statement. We thank you. It was equally nice to hear the people in your party enjoyed their food choices and experience with us more than once. We pride ourselves on consistency and love when others notice. Thanks Again !!!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I tried Rosedale tonight based on the reviews here and have a somewhat different view of things. We tried an appetizer, salad and two entrees. The food was good, portions were very generous and the prices were reasonable. The service was decent and efficient but that's about all I can say about this place. It has no atmosphere to speak of being located in an outparcel of a strip center and next to a Starbucks. Buildout was minimal and pretty much non-descript. it appears to be staffed with kids who turned out decent food and service but they were laughing and very loud on the other side of the wall that separates diners from the bar. The "wine list" was minimal to say the least. Bread was not warmed though the dipping sauce was OK. Food was not hot and the marinara was underseasoned. I got the overall impression that the owners want to build up a bunch of restaurants and either franchise them or sell them as a chain. No sign of a manager, let alone an owner.
Based on the reviews here I was expecting a lot more. In my opinion it's a good value but probably better for take-out.

First, let me thank you for dining with us. It was good to see you gave us four stars, seeing where most of your previous reviews rarely receive three. But then, you did state that you see things different than most. Let me assure you, there is always an owner present at a location. We do not have name tags or may be in the office at times but at least one of us is there. Thank you for the business insight but we are not interested in franchising even though we have been approached on more than one occasion. That strip mall you mentioned is how most privately owned restaurants locate themselves, lacking the funds and bargaining power of the food chains and larger franchised names that you see in malls or stand alones. We happen to be next to the busiest Starbucks in Collier County, on a busy intersection. We are satisfied with the results of our demographic search but thanks for the construction and structural input. If you heard laughter from the other side of the wall, I assure you it was coming from the counter seats in front of our open kitchen. That section has taken on a personality of its own and everyone seems to love it but then again, you stated you see things differently. The servers are in the front by the hostess section. These "kids" are very hard working,polite, attentive and a pleasure to have. They have received many compliments and even gotten a review or two. With the music and counter interactions, I am sure it is not them you were concentrating on hearing. We have about 26 wines to choose from so I can't imagine not being able to find one. You stated the food was good yet you later say not so good so I find it hard to answer except that we use only the finest, imported products when preparing our meals. Everything is cooked to order. It is what we pride ourselves in and how we stand out against most others.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We ate in Rosedale Brick Oven on August 23, 2013 after reading the reviews and decided to try it out. We were amazed. My daugter and I shared the miste? salad, which had walnuts, feta or blue cheese and a great dressing, along with the calamari, which were both outstanding. The breading on the calamari was so light and had a wonderful taste. Her fiancee ordered the chicken piccata, which was probably one of the best I have ever tasted. I am a Piccata maven. The only slight disappointment was from my husband who ordered the shrimp scampi. It wasn't that he didn't like it, it was different. The shrimp were not mixed in with the pasta. They were large beautiful shrimp, which tasted absolutely delicious to me and the taste of the pasta was also great. My husband likes old standbys, and that was his only complaint. If I were you, I would order the shrimp scampi, I thought it was different but great. The house wine was very reasonable and they didn't scimp when filling the glass. It was a wonderfuly experience and when we get back to Naples, it will be a regular stop for us.

JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for visiting us on your trip to Naples and taking the time to leave a review. It was pleasing to hear that everyone in your group loved the food, thinking some of the dishes were the best you've had. That was a great compliment, thank you. We like to let the shrimp stand out on the Scampi dish as they are large shrimp as you noticed. It gives the plate a better presentation but, either way, the taste is what counts and I am glad to hear how much they were enjoyed. Thanks !!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We enjoyed the Rosedale Brick Oven on a recent weekend trip to Naples. We found the restaurant through trip advisor, and its high ratings are well-deserved. We didn't have reservation, and chose to sit at the bar rather than waiting for a table. We were so glad we did! Our meal was enhanced by interacting with the chefs and watching them in action. We enjoyed a delicious clam pizza baked in the brick oven, and a seafood pasta whose marinara sauce was rich and flavorful. The pasta dish was loaded with fresh, Florida seafood, and the homemade pasta was cooked to al dente perfection. We finished our meal by sharing a delicious tiramisu. The service was excellent, and we enjoyed a sample meatball and slice of pizza shared by the owner while we awaited our meal. The atmosphere is casual and family-friendly, but the patrons represented a wide range of ages. We will definitely return to this restaurant on our next visit to Naples!

JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. It was great to hear everyone in your party had a wonderful time and enjoyed the food as mentioned. The counter seats have taken on a life of their own and I'm glad this added to your overall experience. We look forward to your return. Thanks again !!!