“Date night”

Rosedale Brick Oven
Ranked #61 of 1,051 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From delicious soups, salads and appetizers to mouth watering pasta dishes.With aromatic and tantalizing specials of meats and fish, there is something for everyone. Our Wood Burning pizzas will save you the airfare of traveling to Napoli, Italia. Recipes from our New York neighborhoods brought to you and prepared fresh every day. Even our breads are home made. We use only the best imported products available to create dishes you will crave time and time again. •A Tuscan theme with old world brick, tiles and wood that make you feel at ease. •A warm, friendly staff that greets you and welcomes you home. •Watch our pizza and pasta chefs prepare your meal, using only the finest imported and local ingredients to ensure your meal tastes the best. •Watch us prepare our dough and pizza sauce made from imported San Marzano tomatoes. •Our authentic wood-fired brick oven, with its flames in view, sending an aroma throughout that excite your senses. •As you explore the menu, you will find many delicious dishes. Enjoy soft music with songs from the "Rat Pack", Frankie Valli and others. Watch silent video monitors featuring classic black and white movies and photos of old times past. Whether sitting and enjoying a meal, being at the bar sipping a glass of wine or drinking your favorite beer, your senses will be excited. Don't forget our Espresso and desserts. Early bird specials, lunch specials, daily specials and happy hour.
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I live in Naples and have tried just about every Italian restaurant in town...we skipped over this one all last year until deciding to finally try it out. We were so impressed by the taste of the food, (especially the pizza), the atmosphere and prices, that we now go every single date night. I am of Italian descent, and actually lived in Italy for 3 years, and I can tell you that there is no better place than Rosedale's for Italian.

We tell all our friends and are thrilled to have it so close to home...can't wait to eat there again!

JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

I'm glad you gave us a try JA. Date night is a special night and we're grateful the two of you decide to spend it with us. We've tried to duplicate a Pizza Napoletana and the authentic NY style Italian dishes. It's great when peolple who have experienced either of these places notice the similarity. Thanks again Joe

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Brick oven pizza was OK, I've had better. Dough not as sweet and crispy as I have come to expect. But the attitude of the waitress is what has lost any future visits from us. For some reason she had an attitude. She would not check on us. My husband caught her at the bar for a refill on his soda, she said she would get back to him and attended to some other non- urgent task when all she had to do was turn around and refill in 3 seconds. What she was doing had no urgency, yet a customer has to go out if his way to get service - he got his soda ok with a side of attitude. She then brought him his drink, placed it on the table without a word an with obvious irritation. When giving us our drinks or bringing the check she would not look at us and seemed bothered the whole time. You would think from her actions the joint was filled but it was pretty quiet. She didn't ask us how everything was when bringing the check. Maybe she didn't want to know the answer. Also, we didn't do anything apparent to cause her irritation. We are typically pleasant and friendly people. No matter- in the service industry you should treat customers respectfully. Because the way she treated us we will not return. Food OK, service horrible.

3  Thank SherryGarden77
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Four of stopped yesterday afternoon for an early dinner. Great thin-crust pizzas all around, including Vegetarian on whole wheat, Spinach & Sausage on whole wheat, Italiano on white thin crust and Tropical also on whote thin. Many of the pizzas feature crushed San Marzano tomatoes in lieu of the usual garlicky sauce so often served. Onions were lightly pre-cooked on the skillet before the pizzas were baked. Great flavours coming from the open-area kitchen from the moment we arrived, friendly & enthusiastic conversation with one of the owners. Service was prompt and the place very clean.

JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hello ' our neighbors to the north". I remember the chat we had and it was fun meeting all of you. I'm happy to hear you all enjoyed the food and our restaurant., especially after you said how much you look forward to the "right" one. Thanks for leaving a response and I look forward to you visiting us again Joe

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Sat at the counter waiting for my wife. People next to me were very warm and friendly. The restraunt had a warm comfortble atmosphere, good food, great service. What else could you ask for.

JoeA2626, Owner at Rosedale Brick Oven, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dennis.... I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a response. I'm glad you had an overall, good experience with us as the three areas you mentioned are what we try very hard at in giving to our customers...Food, Service and Atmosphere. Thanks Again..... Joe

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friend forced me out of the office by 5:30 to get a bar seat at one of Naples newest Italian restaurants. She told me it was small, personal and a great bar to eat and drink at while watching the kitchen do it thing. We were not disappointed in any way. The wine was good, the service was friendly, prompt and informative on choices and personal favorites. They did not let us down. We each had the Fresca salad with toasted hazelnuts and truffle/citron vinaigrette - fabulous. Huge portion for a low price. It was impossible to decide what to get as we kept changing our minds every time the chef pulled another pizza from the Brick oven. We decided pizza would be to easy and went for some pasta. Highly recommend the rigatoni a la vodka and the fettuccine with tomato, pancetta and garlic. My daughter loved the leftovers! The owners - Joe and Joe were friendly, very welcoming and had stories to share. Felt like we had found that familiar neighborhood restaurant where good food and good times are right around the corner.

Linda..... I'm happy YOU were happy. The counter seats have taken on a life of their own as a lot is going on over there and it,s an easier place for Joe and myself to mingle a bit. People often delay in their orders to get a view on some dishes before making their selection and the chefs are great in "mixing it up" . Thanks for such a positive response and we look forward to seeing you both again Joe