“Will never go again!!!!”

Citrus Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 1,005 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Upscale Casual Atmosphere, Fresh Local Fish, Hogfish-Grouper-Snapper-Tripletail, Prime Steaks, Stone Crab, King Crab, Maine Lobster, Pasta, Composed Salads, Burgers, Tacos and More with Streetside Outdoor and Inside dining, Extensive Beer and Wine List, High Quality Professional Service Staff and Fair Prices.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I rate a restaurant by the quality of their food and the quality of the service. I will not even give this place even any rating. A group of 7 with reservations arrived at CITRUS Seafood at different times. They seated the first group ogf us at a table while the last 2 were parking the car. They confirmed this was our table and we sat down. The rest of the group arrived and our drink orders were taken. The waiter was cocky when we asked for a mixed drink and stated that if you didn't have x number of seats of $250000.00 you were out of luck so if we could not pony up the $250,000 we could only have beer or wine. Ok so we ordered our drinks. After 10 minutes the person who had seated us and the hostess ( who I later learned are married to each other perhaps they are the owners) told us we had to move to a different table. Mind you 2 of our party were older people with difficult mobility. We said no thank you we are fine here, you made the error. They made everyone extremely uncomfortable, we're hostile and would not let it go. We just told we had to mover PERIOD. I ended up leaving going next door to another restaurant to see if they could accommodate us and they were more than accommodating. We left Citrus Seafood and had a wonderful dinner at Bellini's where the food was delicious and the service was unsurpassed even on special requests. They turned a disaster of a night into a wonderful one. After this diviner I went back to speak with the man ( I will not say gentleman) expressed our displeasure and let him know I would be rating his restaurant he then turned it around to our fault. I suggested that initially we would have been happy to accommodate him if the manner we had been approached had not been hostile by his wife. I suggested if they had handled it a different way it would not have been an issue. I did not even want to take a drink or bite after they treated us for fear of additions not on the menu. Never have I had a situation like this especially by the management of a company nor been more embarrassed by the attitude. If this is the behavior of management and wait staff what goes on behind the scenes. So to end there are too many wonderful restaurants in Naples who are happy to see you and accommodating to even consider a restaurant like this. PLEASE, PLEASE spend your $$$$ elsewhere! No good reviews are worth this type of attitude....

3  Thank TMMCBC

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had the fabulous lobster tower salad for lunch, wine, creme brule trio for dessert. Beautiful presentation, wonderful atmosphere and excellent service. Couldn't have picked a better spot!

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Four of ate here on the spur of the moment. Good seafood, friendly service, well decorated. ggod atmosphere.

2  Thank howard c
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stopped here for lunch and were treated warmly. I ordered a Bellini but they were out of peach nectar so they substituted pear and it was great. The grouper tacos were very good, and hubby liked his too. The service was attentive and the setting on 5th, side-by-side with many others, was welcoming. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This place is good but you just do not get that wow factor here. Service is good but they try too hard with all the fake pleasantries. I had the Lobster bisque which was very good. I also had the grouper tacos which were just ok. I would give this place a second chance.