“Not what I expected”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were anxious to good try out this restaurant. When we entered the restaurant, we were surprised by the stale smell. That turned us off a little.The food was ok, but not worth the asking price. We will not go back.There are so many restaurants in Naples, no need to retry this one.

2  Thank gigilec

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I went as part of a group to see a dinner show on March 10th. There was an Elvis Presley tribute show that was wonderful to watch. Our server, Sal, took care of us all night and the food was excellent, and well priced.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The karaoke guy yelled at me for trying to put a song in! There are no pieces of paper to write your song request so you must encounter this psychopath! There aren't any books either so you have to ask if he has the song and he'll snap at you if he doesn't! Then I saw him fight with another customer!!! And then made some snide remark on the microphone which I didn't understand but was obviously geared toward someone in the audience. It made me very uncomfortable! Then I had to wait forever because he sang so many songs! Way more than I got to. And he gets paid while I'm spending $60! Is this his personal concert or karaoke? Because he's not very good. I guess that's why he's a karaoke guy! Anyway the food was okay, kind of bland but I expect that at karaoke shows. But it's really expensive. Ridiculously so. Service was very slow but the waitstaff was nice at least.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

On February 4, 2013 our close friends made reservations for 6:00 PM at Mongello's restaurant in East Naples. Being of Italian decent we ordered from their limited menu. We started with a pizza pie for the table. The pizza crust was hard and was made and tasted like bisquick. The worst pizza
Our pork tenderloin dinners was salty and oily. The mashed potatoes were instant and soupy. This place is an accident waiting to happen. The only good thing was the place was clean.
Do yourself a favor stay out of this area. Naples has over 600 restaurants in this wonderful town.
We all read the reviews before we ventured out to this place.

3  Thank Summerwind2013
Reviewed February 4, 2013

On Friday night Feb. 1....10 of us went to Mongello's....We made a reservation so they knew we were coming. We ordered dinner around 7. Our dinners arrived around 8:30. Not one dinner came as it should have. The salmon with risotto and lemon cream sauce came with plain spaghetti no seasoning no sauce no risotto. When we sent it back they put a tablespoon of risotto on the plate and sent it back to us. The mixed veg. were a pile of cold green mush. The salmon was fishy and oily not edible...The stuffed shells consisted of two shells and two meat balls they were cold and had a bad taste. The stuffed shrimp were cold and there were very few of them...they were served with the same pile of green mush. The waitress we had was as nice as she could be....she kept apologizing for the food. None of us ate much food.... most of us will never go back...If you do go to Mongello's go after you eat somewhere else order a drink and enjoy the music and dancing.

2  Thank carol h