“The Best Fishing Experience I've Ever Had!”

A&B Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: A&B Charters offers deep sea fishing trips for private groups of 6-12 passengers. We also arrange shared charters fore those that don't have a full group. Established in 1977 we have been voted best charter company in southwest Florida for the last seven years.
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This trip we had with Captain Jim and his deckhand was truly an amazing adventure! We got up early to drive eight miles off the shore of Naples. As soon as we were ready, we started fishing with enormous support from professional and experienced fisherman. They taught us great techniques to capture the most fish with perfect timing, and they'd drive to a different position in the lake to capture even more fish! We didn't have to handle the fish at all, and as we were driving back to the shore (after catching more than 50 fish within the span of three hours!), the captain filleted all of our captured fish for us! He gave us the prepared, raw fish at the end of the trip, and we got to take the raw fish to a restaurant to have it cooked for us to EAT THE FISH at the restaurant! We got to eat fish that was swimming in the ocean three hours ago! It was great, and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this charter service!

1  Thank timjunior5

Reviewed March 20, 2014

When my boss asked me to book a Naples charter for a corporate fishing trip of 8-10 people,
I began calling around Naples, I was told by other charters that 6 people was the limit in that area. They suggested booking 2 boats.
Then I saw A&B Charters, advertising for larger groups. Captain Allen had the boat, permit, licensing, safety equipment, etc. for a group this size. Great price too!
I received calls from several guests thanking me for booking this trip.
They all, including my employer, had a great day of fishing and great time.
The Captain (and crew) came through for me as promised!
5 STARS

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Of catching fish that is.

I have been twice - a year ago and today. Each time we caught a lot of very big fish. Amberjack, Grouper, Kingfish and much else.

The boat is clean and functional, Captain Joe is efficient and briskly helpful with advice.

The chief objective for anyone 'going charter' is to catch fish, the kind of fish you would be unlikely catch by yourself, the kind of fish you want to photograph to show your friends; well it seems to me that with A&B you do.

Joe is friendly and his crew each time could not have been more helpful.

They clean the fish for you afterwards to take home to cook. You just turn up, bring your own food and drinks and they provide the poles, the bait, the experience and most of all, the knowledge of where to go to find the fish.

Successful fining is about being in the right place at the right time with the right bait which is presented properly to the fish and then landing it. Getting all those things right is not easy - except when you charter A&B.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had a great day all the way around. We had three generations (ages 10 to 80) on the boat and everyone had a wonderful experience. Only one guest had much experience so we were very thankful for all the help that Joe and Dan provided. Caught a lot of fish and made a lot of memories. Mostly grouper and amberjack but also a bonita (very pretty fish) and a few others. We had eleven "keepers" but easily reeled in a couple dozen others that we threw back. Weather was perfect, too.
Would recommend the all-day charter as it provides much more flexibility and freedom to go out farther and hit the best spots.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were looking forward to spending one of our 5 days in Naples deep sea fishing. We researched reviews until we found A&B Charters. It looked perfect for our group of 6. We stocked up on beer and bottled water. We made homemade chicken burritos. Popped the Dramamine and set off on our 30 minute journey to the Port of Call. We arrived 15 minutes early, unloaded the car and headed down to find Captain Al. Unfortunately, he was nowhere to be found. My husband called him and he answered telling him that the water was too choppy and we wouldn't be going out today. This would have been perfectly fine IF he would have called us prior to our arrival time. His excuse was "I forgot". Thanks for forgetting the 6 of us. It was extremely disappointing and so unprofessional. I don't like to be the person that leaves bad reviews, but this experience had to be told if it might help someone else not have to go through this experience. Now if anyone is hungry and thirsty let me know, as I made enough for Captain Al and his crew as well.

6  Thank Janicebananas
awalburn1, Owner at A&B Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

The reviewer is exactly correct in that we failed to notify them in advance their charter had been cancelled due to 40 knot winds and the accompanying high seas. While cancelling several other trips and booking future charters a cancellation call for this group was overlooked. We as a company understand how precious vacation time is and are extremely sorry for our oversight. We will try harder in the future to prevent recurrences.