“This is the place for breakfast!”
Review of NewsStand Cafe and Catering - CLOSED

NewsStand Cafe and Catering
Cuisines: European, German, Czech, Eastern European
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Locally owned restaurant offering breakfast, lunch, and dinner with freshly prepared diverse menu. Bring group and everybody will be able to find something that they will enjoy. Dinner fare is international menu including Wienerschnitzel, Beef Bourgingnon, Mediterranean Shrimp as well as several interesting choices from the owner's homeland Slovakia and much much more. Save room for some delicious desserts like warm berry cobbler with vanilla ice cram , raspberry cheesecake, German Chocolate Cake or Cappucino creme brulee. Serving good selection of wines and proud to serve Pilsner Urquell on tap! The breakfast offers some nice surprises like French Baguette French toast as well as classic omelets and other fare. On lunch menu you will find soups, salad sandwiches as well as some wonderful daily specials.The chef's specialty are his delicious soups and sauces. Did we say you can try sauerkraut soup?
Napkes. FL
“This is the place for breakfast!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I'm not writing about lunch, dinner, European or any of that, just breakfast. Some places charge ridiculous prices for breakfast when there really is a limited scope of what you can do for breakfast. These folks do all the breakfast standards excellent with great, quick service and great prices. I've been looking for a breakfast place like this for years and once I went, I've been three times in ten days and I'm not a go-out-for-breakfast type...until now. They also serve it until noon, which leave the rush and worry out of it. Hope they are here a long, long time.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank tykeeri

Burlington, Canada
“Thank you Trip Advisor”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Today, after reading and reviewing MANY reviews of MANY restaurants in the Naples, FL area, my husband and I decided to try the News Stand Café. My husband is of German heritage and always appreciates an authentic schnitzel. We located the little restaurant and the friendly waitress took our order. The menu offered chicken schnitzel, which is my favourite and we each ordered it. When it came to the table we were impressed. True schnitzel should be very thin and this was perfect. You could cut it with a fork. The accompanying French fries were also wonderful. The News Stand Café was an absolute 10 out of 10. Sure, it might not be full of ambiance and style. But if you want great service, delicious food and good value this is the best in Naples. Not sure of the waitress's name but she told me she worked Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I told her I was going to write a review and I hope she reads it. Lunch for 2 with non alcoholic beverages was less than $25.00. Hubby and I hadn't even left when we were planning on a return visit to this little gem. Thanks to the past patrons who took the time to write a review and thanks to Trip Advisor for being a great forum for the reviews.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank paulette90
Florida
“Our Favorite for French & Eastern European Cuisine”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I have been dining there for a few years now! We really enjoy the variety of dishes on their menu. We have tried almost everything they have on their dinner menu and their specials too! Everything is fresh and cooked to perfection! We start off with a Front Page Salad and Baby Spinach Salads. Usually my husband has the Potato Leek Soup and I will have the Tomato Crab Bisque if I am in the mood. I have had all the seafood dishes - Salmon, Mediterranean Shrimp and Sole. We both enjoy the goulash and both the Veal and Wiener Schnitzel dishes too. My husband really likes the Beef Bourguignon! When we crave an old fashioned burger you can't go wrong here. Julius makes our Bacon Cheese Burgers a perfect medium rare - and you can't get that in any other restaurant in town. The NewsStand Cafe is a Naples favorite and there is definitely something for everyone!

Visited June 2013
“Great Setting, Intimate and Great food!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I actually think this place deserves a 4.5 the food we had was fabulous! The CS was outstanding and we received quite a lot of individualized attention. This eclectic menu was what I was craving for an ended up getting the duck. Although it was a bit overpriced, ($26 or so) I enjoyed it. The -.5 comes from the cost, and the crappy green things that the chef puts on EVERY PLATE! You know, those green chafings that are sprinkled all around your entree just for a better look.... PLEASE STOP WITH THE FLURRY GREEN STUFF!

• Visited May 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Breakfast,Lunch, and Dinner near NCH”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Largely Mediterranean/ Eastern European entrees. The salad looked tasty with greens garbanzo beans and beet slice. Everyone was happy with their selections:
Mediterranean shrimp, veal schnitzel, and chicken paprikish with spatzel.
Although we all are watching waistlines we peeked at dessert menu that included nutella crepes and berry cobbler.
Next we will try breakfast or lunch.

Had an interesting conversation with owner/chef who is from Czechoslovakia and previously was chef at Bamboo Cafe.

• Visited April 2013