“The tour was okay... not really worth the price!!”

Segway Tours of Naples
Ranked #13 of 135 Tours in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Segway Tours of Naples - Guided tours of historic downtown Naples. Zip through the streets of downtown Naples while your tour guide narrates about the history of the area using wireless headsets for safe, fun and informative tours. See local landmarks such as the Naples Pier, Palm Cottage, City Dock, Crayton Cove, Fifth Avenue South, and other points of interest. Three tours daily, 9am, 12pm, and 2:30pm. Call 239-262-3006 for reservations.
Auburn, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The tour was okay... not really worth the price!!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I have always wanted to try out a Segway. I have seen tours in other cities... but my wife and I decided to try this one in Naples while there on vacation. The Segway itself was a fun experience. It met and even exceeded my expectations as a cool piece of technology. However, the tour itself... was... <yawn>... okay. It was definitely not worth the price (and this was low season!!). Our guide, Shawn, ended up scaring my wife out of doing it. The video they show you beforehand I guess is to make sure you don't go try and do crazy stuff on the machine... so she was already freaked out after watching the video... and then our Guide really did nothing to encourage her. I mean the waiver form protects them form any liability already... I think maybe he was just worried she would go too slow and hold us up. And the tour was only me and the guide!!! I would have been happy to go a little slower for the first few minutes until my wife felt more comfortable. But he convinced her it was better for her not to go. And oh... no refunds!!!! One of the other guides did work with her some on the Segway in the parking lot... and she felt a lot better about it and was ready to go... but we were already halfway thru our "tour". So she got to sit in the car for an hour and a half a wait for me. While I enjoyed the experience of the Segway... and there were some nice things to see along the tour... the overall experience was bad since my wife did not get to join us... and since they would not even consider refunding the cost for her NOT going.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Steve H

Naples, Florida
“Fantastic Tour”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

As a long time resident of Naples, I thought I knew everything about the area. I have seen segway tours before and have always wanted to take a tour. On a lark, I decided to sign up on a Sunday Morning. My tour guide, Shawn K. Howe, was delightful. His knowledge of Naples surprised even a 'cracker' like me. Shawn did a great job of teaching me how to ride a segway. During the tour, he was informative and entertaining. I enjoyed our rest time at the Naples pier. Shawn did a wonderful job explaining the history and evolution of the Naples pier. I will be bringing family and friends to the Segway Tours of Naples only if Shawn Howe is our tour guide!!

Cleveland
“Shawn our tour guide was great!”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife and I did the segway tour with our just-turned 14 year old son, never been on a segway before but it was easy to learn and a blast. Highly recommend it, and if possible make sure you get Shawn, he was great. Very patient, good narrator and very knowledgeable. Wear comfortable shoes, tennis shoes preferably as your feet will start to get pretty hot after about 15 minutes, but otherwise it was no problem at all to learn.

Visited October 2011
Katonah, New York
“Great fun way to see Naples”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We started out viewing a brief instructional video, then headed out for practice in the parking lot with the hands on help of our tour guide, Shawn. We didn't get going until we were comfortable and confident on our 2 wheels. Then the fun begins! Shawn took us to all the interesting and beautiful sites both in town and near the water. And to where things happen in Naples. It was great.

Naples, Florida
“It's never too late to take a tour of your home town!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My sister took me on this tour for my birthday! We had a blast! I learned so much I didn't know about Naples, and I have lived here 25 years!!!! thanks to our amazing and knowledgeable tour guide "Shawn"! I was a little skeptical about being able to control the Segway, but Shawn made you feel so at ease and was there to help every step of the way! The only problem is, I started to have so much fun and the tour was only 2 hours! I could have stayed on it all day!!!! Can't wait to take my kids when they are old enough! I highly recommend this tour!