“Tasty with a friendly staff”
Review of Loving Hut - CLOSED

Loving Hut
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Good and healthy meals prepared with organic vegetables and/or fruit.
If you like Thai and Vietnamese you definitely should eat here. Friendly staff and friendly prices combined with great food.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

The parents had been here twice and wanted their kiddoes to give this place a try. No one in our family is vegan, but we're not "must-have-meat-at-every-meal" kind of people either. We just want good food, and Loving Hut delivered.

The interior is a big, clean room, and there was a large decorative yellow cursive "L" on the ceiling. Our group of 6 was seated immediately in one of the larger booth areas with room to spare - there was at least one other table arrangement like ours, so I can put this place in the category of good for groups. There weren't many guests in the dining room just yet at 5:30PM on a Friday, and the server seemed a little hesitant, though nice and patient (she admitted she was newer).

The menu took up four pages, but having photos next to each item was enormously helpful. All of us stuck with water except my niece, who opted for a banana smoothie. We got 2 orders of the golden rolls, which arrived fresh with a nice crunch and not bland at all.

I really enjoyed my House Rice Clay Pot with its mushroom, onion, and ginger. I didn't pay attention enough but some kind of soy sauce pulled it all together with the bean thread and tofu. The texture of the rice was perfect (you can choose white or brown), and for all that the dish didn't contain animal products, it was full of umami. For dessert, the table split the "cheese" cake, chocolate cake, and carrot cake. All were really good - none of us could tell that the cheesecake was vegan; even its fluffiness was just right . The chocolate cake was very light and spongy, and the flavors were overall subtle, which I liked but other people might not.

Waiting to order our entrees and actually receiving them took much longer as by about 6PM, a steady stream of regulars and families poured into the restaurant. I was surprised that for a Friday night, only two employees, including our server, were harriedly working the room at the same time as answering the phone for takeout orders and greeting new arrivals in the lobby.

Recommended!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've been to 2 other loving hut locations, and this one was the best one yet. Nice decor, quick and service! The only flaw was the soup! it was ridiculously salty! otherwise, everything else was perfect.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

This was my first vegan restaurant and now I am hooked. We could not believe how delicious vegan food can be. Everything is made from scratch. The service is always superb.I ordered the mu shu and pot stickers absolutely delicious. And my husband's favorite is their Pho, it is one of their most popular item on the menu. Everything I ever ordered for dessert has been incredible. The best of all is the food is so affordable. I am so glad I stumbled upon this place in Naples. Every time we visit I have to eat here. I wish they will open a location in South Florida.

1  Thank seahorizon
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Came here with my vegetarian daughter and son-in-law and absolutely loved it! We ordered the spring rolls with peanut sauce and the veggie drumsticks with a bbq sauce for apps. The spring rolls were fresh and delicious but a bit bland. I think they would've been better with a bit of grated ginger, and a thicker peanut sauce. The drumsticks (and sauce) were delicious. I ordered the vietnamese pho bowl and it was served with a plate of fresh herbs (basil, fennel, bean sprouts and lemon wedges) and it was to die for. The only negative I can think of is that they were out of limes, and lime is an essential ingredient to so many of these thai dishes. But lemon was a good-enough substitute and it didn't make that much of a difference. I ordered the green tea lemonade and they were actually able to serve it to me unsweetened, which was an indicator that the lemon was freshly squeezed. And it was delicious and refreshing. The kids had the pad thai and it was the best pad thai I had ever eaten. So good that I placed a to-go order for dinner later that night. My mom ordered the steamed veggies and noodles and she enjoyed it very much. All said, it was a great experience and it's so nice to know that there is a place in Naples where I can go have a complete vegan experience whenever I want. The only thing I would add is that it's a bit dark in the dining room. A bit more light would have made it perfect.

2  Thank wingolamo