“Odd story behind this one...”
Review of Loving Hut

Loving Hut
Ranked #160 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children
Delaware
“Odd story behind this one...”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

When I realized Loving Hut was a chain, I looked it up online and there are some strange aspects to the company. It was founded by one Supreme Master Ching Hai, a Vietnamese lady who is a spiritual leader with a large following in Taiwan and meditation centers throughout the world, including the U.S. It's a very odd story, and it would have really put me off if I'd gotten any cultish vibe at the restaurant (at the Phoenix location, apparently, there is a video loop of this Supreme Master, and I would have left immediately).

However, at the Naples location there is no hint of Loving Hut's odd origins. It is an attractive, quietly sophisticated restaurant. My husband and daughter are ovo-lacto vegetarians, and my son and I are open-minded omnivores, so we decided to give it a try after reading good Yelp reviews. The food was absolutely wonderful. (I only took off one star because I'm not sure what my patronage is supporting).

The mango and strawberry smoothies were both delicious. You can taste the soy milk in them, which I enjoy. The service had been a little slow, so we didn't try any appetizers, but our entrees were also very enjoyable. My daughter had the Pho and my husband had the Bun Hue. Both were noodle-based soups with meat substitutes and various forms of vegetables, but their broths were completely different - the Pho had a fascinating 5-spice flavor, while the Bun Hue tasted of lemongrass; both tasted great. I had the pumpkin curry, also delicious.

Best of all, my somewhat pickier son just wanted a huge plate of noodles with a little sauce, and they accommodated him with no problem.

One last word about the desserts - we had the mocha chocolate cake and the pandan cake, and both were worthy of a French patisserie, just delectable! And all without dairy or eggs. We'll definitely be back, maybe even tomorrow night...

• Visited March 2013

“Tasty and healthy”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great food, it was delicious. You have to try the fresh rolls as a starter. We appreciated the food, because it was a welcome change to the american food.

Yorktown Heights, New York
“Vegan in Naples”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had lunch at Loving Hut the other day and it was fabulous. The flavors were terrific and everything was fresh.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Chervinator
Naples, Florida
“Excellent food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love almost everything on the menu, but some of my favorites are the Claypot Senation (it's so yummy), the Happy Tamarind appetizer is something my husband and I get almost everytime we go, the Spicy Cha Cha (made of yam flour) is better than real shrimp, the Naples Wonder, the Asian Chik'n Wrap, and the Asian Burrito are also very tasty. The prices range from about $5 - $14 and the food IS NOT GENETICALLY MODIFIED - UNFORTUNATELY MOST RESTAURANTS SERVE GENETICALLY MODIFIED FOODS THAT ARE VERY BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH.

AND THE BEST THING OF ALL IS THAT NO ANIMALS WERE TORTURED AND MURDERED FOR THESE DELICIOUS MEALS!

• Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

As a long time vegan it is so nice to be able to review an extensive menu knowing that whatever you choose will accommodate your diet. We started with spring rolls which were hot,crisp, and accompanied by a tasty dipping sauce. Two of us had Pho and the third had a Hawaiian based dish. The
Pho was excellent. A nice broth loaded with vegetables, bean sprouts, and tofu. A side order of chili sauce/paste provided added heat. The Hawaiian dish was beautifully presented with brown rice, vegetables, and a grilled meatless protein. It tasted as good as it looked. I am sorry that in order to repeat this experience I will have to travel 200 miles.