“AVOID THIS RESTAURANT”

Cuisines: Italian
Cleveland, Ohio
“AVOID THIS RESTAURANT”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I have never been treated with such disrespect at a restaurant before. We had problems with our waiter- who turned out to be the manager. We placed our order and when it came out it was not what we ordered. The manager basically said we had made the mistake, so we took the pizza thinking that if it was our mistake we would pay for it. After looking at the menu, we discovered that we actually didn't make a mistake. (the name of the pizza he told us we intended to order isn't even on the menu!) We confronted the manager (in a polite way) and he basically said he was right and we were wrong. He kept changing his story and got more and more of an attitude as the conversation went on.
Obviously there was some miscommunication in the ordering, but the waitor/manager was insistent that he was correct. btw- he didn't even get the drink order right!
I asked the manager, "whatever happened to the customer is always right?" He said, "not this time!" and walked away. WOW!!
The pizza is just ok and a bit overpriced, especially if they can't get the order right and can't treat customers with respect.
We were certainly not trying to get a free meal. We just wanted the pizza we ordered.

• Visited March 2011

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Terrible”
Reviewed February 24, 2011

Ordered our meal...spent over $70.00 and ordered a coffee after finishing meal and we were asked to leave because they needed the table. Was never treated so badly in a restaurant. Ron..the owner...came out and said we'd have to leave because other people wanted to sit outside. I said that I hadn't even started my coffee that I just ordered and was told...sorry you have to leave....so I said I wouldn't pay for coffee as I didn't have any time to drink it. I was totally amazed that they would say we had to go. Never treated so badly. We were not lingering, just had to time to eat a meal and not even time to drink a coffee. Would never go there or suggest anyone go there.

• Visited February 2011
Maryland
“Bait & Switch?”
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Sat outside at a nice table. Hostess took our order for drinks - water and iced tea. She said they only had bottled or sparkling water, no tap water. So I paid for a bottle of water, Zephyrhills. We asked what "Yellowtail" was on the menu. She said it was a grouper, and that it was very good. I ordered that. She came back and said they didn't have the grouper, they only had the tilapia special, fixed the same way. I said fine, I'd have that. As she passed by just a minute later, I asked how much the tilapia was. It was the same price, $14.99! At my grocer, tilapia is about $4.99/lb and grouper is about $22.99/lb. I said I was not happy, I wanted to change my order. She wouldn't do it, said she had already put the order in. Our meals came, the tilapia was nice and hot, however completely over-cooked. I ate a little bit, and left the rest. The small salad served on the same plate was fresh, so I basically paid $15 for a $5 salad. I looked up Yellowtail, and found out that it is a Snapper, not Grouper. My husband said his tea tasted like dishwater. He asked for some water instead, and she brought him a glass of tap water! I said I thought they weren't serving tap water, she said, no, it was sink water!! It was beyond me. They did offer a cannoli as a consolation prize, but I had already told her that I am avoiding carbs, so I declined. I would have thought that if an item is on the printed menu, that the restaurant would have it available each day. I felt taken advantage of, and I promise to read TripAdvisor reviews FIRST from this day forward.

• Visited January 2011
Kihei, Hawaii
“Major Disappointment on 5th”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

My wife and I walked by Ron's several times, the food looked pretty good and there is a nice sidewalk eating area out front. But read on and save yourself $40.00 or so. You know you are in trouble when you have placed your order at an Italian restaurant, the bread comes and it's somewhere between tasteless and terrible. We started off with the bruschetta which was tasteless and soggy. The Caesar Salad similarly had tasteless croutons, iceberg lettuce and a generic Caesar dressing. My wife's Eggplant Parmesan tasted like it was frozen and than microwaved. Needless to say we passed on the dessert.
All and all a less then satisfying, not even up to the standard of generic, waste of money. I would rate the experience a "Strong Avoid".