“Great Mexican Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican Food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are Vegans so we look for vegetable friendly establishments. We both had Vegetable Burritos w/o cheese... The only thing I can say is it was great. We came back a second time during our week at Fort Myers Beach.

Naples, Florida
“The Real Thing”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

You must love Mexican Food to east here. It is well hidden, Across 103rd Street form the Thai Susi and Vesuvio Pissa. The restaurant is in the Southwest Corner of the little shopping center, If you can find the convenence store, park behiind it. Salsa Brave is store front thru the walk way.

This is a small restaurant with maybe ten tables inside and two tables outside. They have a good selection of beer. They make very good Margaritas. The menu is complete, and tasty. The best is desert! Sopaipilla.!! The ice cream treat Fried Puff with Honey and Ice Cream.

• Visited November 2013
Naples, Florida
“Excellent meats everytime!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

A repeat local customer that prefers to support smaller business and this is one that ranks high! It is a small place that seats about 25 inside and 6-8 outside. All meats are prepared in house-pork, chicken, and beef are excellent and seasoned beautifully! Had the gorditas, tacos, chimi, flan, guacamole...all excellent and a great value. Service can be slower than larger places but this is what a family owned place is about. I hope all will visit and keep this in mind-relax, have a cocktail, and take pride in supporting someone cooking for you!

• Visited September 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“If this is Naples best I feel sorry for Naples”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

While visiting family in Bonita Springs, we decided to try Salsa Brave. First, we did not realize the size of the establishment and we had a group of 8 people. A couple already seated graciously moved to another table so that we were able to all be seated together. The waiter was friendly and took our drink orders and brought chips and salsa. The salsa appeared to be a Tomatillo based salsa and had a nice flavor. The drinks on the other hand for most of the group were not good. Apparently the mixer was VERY light on the syrup and they were mostly carbonated water. It was indicated that the problem was only in some of the options, changes were made and new drinks were brought. I avoided the entire problem by drinking Negro Modelo. Now on to the entrees. I cannot speak to all of them, only to the dish I had and comments by my wife on hers. i ordered the Shredded beef Enchiladas and she had I believe taquitos although I believe the dish had a another name. The beef in the enchilada to me seemed more chopped than shredded, but that is a subjective thing so that was ok. My main issue is that I expected to find some flavors of peppers or other marinades in the beef and felt it was bland. Not what I was expecting. The rice was nothing exceptional and the refried beans were too thin for my taste. My wife thought the beef was ok, but felt the same way about the rice and beans. My biggest issue is that when I finished my beer, the waiter asked if I wanted another but I decided to try the Jamaica Tea. i waited and waited but no tea arrived. meanwhile someone brought a small container of some sort of syrup and gave it to our niece. She did not know what it was and left it sitting. Eventually I asked someone where my Jamaica tea was and he said I gave it to her. My response was WHY. he then went into an explanation about what it was and why it was good and natural and on and on and on. My response was Bring me what I ordered. All in All, the food was not exceptional compared to the places we eat in Jacksonville. I have also eaten in what I consider better Mexican restaurants in Fort Myers. I would not make a special trip to eat here again and as I said, look around, I think there are better options.

• Visited August 2013
Naples, Florida, United States
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This restaurant is an authentic Mexican gem hidden in a world of chain restaurants. Jose, the owner, uses his grandmother's recipes, and even makes some unique Latin teas likes his Jamacian - from the Mexican Hibuscus flower. Some would call it small, I call it intimate. No, it's not fancy, but if you like authentic Mexican food, not Tex-Mex chain food, and a truly hospitable and friendly staff, this is definitely a dining treat from the old world.

• Visited September 2013