Review Highlights
Always a great time!

I have property I often visit in Naples. While there, I always try and grab time fishing with... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
rtemp8686
Real nice trip

Capt. Tim was first rate all morning. He was great with both of us on sight fishing the snook... read more

Reviewed June 17, 2017
Chris W
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 16, 2015

I wouldn't book with this guy if you paid me!!!! He cxl'd our trip the night before we were to fish after he received several txt verifications saying we were booked and where/what time should we meet the next morning (with corresponding txt from Tim). This trip was booked on 4/23 and we were supposed to fish on 4/16, with out of town guests. I guess verifying it on 4/14 isn't good enough and asking where should we meet and what time isn't an indication of that we are verifying our trip!!!!!! Do yourself a favor and don't book this guy, he clearly doesn't believe in smart business practices and customer service. There a re plenty of good backcountry captains around Naples, just NOT this one!!!!!!

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Billy D
tmoneysunny, Owner at Fish The Salt, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2015

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, as I can see by it, you were not happy with the way you were treated. As you can see by my TripAdvisor rating, although they are few, they are all perfect. I strive to give every one of my customers 5 star treatment, regardless of whether they are first timers, or ten year veterans. Starting from the time the trip is booked, to the night before the trip, my customer communications are second to no one.
So let's review the timeline and see where we went from a fishing guide you've used a few times, to "classless".
We’ve fished twice before and never had an issue with communication. As you know, I call my charters the day before, to give you directions to the boat ramp and the time we are going to meet. This is my procedure. It has never failed. So after multiple attempts, the day before, over a 5 hour span, I had to rebook your charter with another client.
I run a business, and during peak season I cannot afford to miss work on account of my customer neglecting to communicate with me. I always have my phone on and available to ensure that there are no miscommunications. It is beyond my control if a customer neglects to get back to me.
Rebooking your charter certainly didn't warrant texts and a phone call from you, threatening me with legal action at 11:45 pm. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you and wish you better success with another company.
Capt. Tim

Reviewed February 28, 2015

All reviews are 5 stars which is well deserved! My daughter and I had a great time fishing with Captain Tim. He is extremely experienced, personable and patient. He has a great boat and equipment and expert knowledge. He showed us what to do and let us fish on our own, and coached us to help improve our skills so we would catch fish. It wasn't the best fishing day due to the weather, but we caught plenty of ladyfish and a jack. He kept moving the boat to insure we both caught fish, which we did at each of the spots he took us to. We really enjoyed our fishing trip mostly because he is a great guy to spend a few hours with. Thanks to Captain Tim for a great time!

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank 826OceanCityNJ
Reviewed February 23, 2015

We had a great time fishing with Captain Tim. Arrangements were easy to make & Tim was there waiting for us when we arrived. He is very knowledgeable about the area & took us to several different hot spots to fish. The backwater around Marco Island is beautiful & quite peaceful. Captain Tim has lots of tips for more inexperienced anglers & shares them with patience & a good sense of humour. All three of us caught fish...lady fish, jack fish & sea trout...making it a really great day! Would definitely recommend Captain Tim for all experience levels & we look forward to seeing him next year!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed January 19, 2015

Captain Tim is a very knowledgeable and experienced angler who left the two of us at all times thinking moby dick would be on the hook in no time!

We didn't land any white wales but we did catch a tonne of fish both just out on the estuary and further inland in the mangrove trees which really was a great experience.

Very much worth the money and we will be back.

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank MikeGays
Reviewed January 16, 2015

My brother-in-law and I had a great time fishing with Tim. We caught several fish and I am someone who only fishes once every 5 years. We were having a great time and Tim did a great job of leading us to all the hot spots. Would strongly recommend to anglers of all skill sets. Great trip!!

Date of experience: December 2014