“So good, so good, so good”

Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Was The Old Roman Oven Market Place
Reviewed August 29, 2014

This is the best Italian resturant we have ever eaten at. The service at times was a little slow and the restaurant it is very expensive, but the food is excellent - beyond excellent! I cannot say enough good things about it so I will just say "eat there" - you will not be disappointed.

PS: one comical antidote. The resturant is "Italian" and you will will probably be served by a "Latino," who in our case said "Bon appétit" (French) when he served the meal.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

My husband and I visit this restaurant every time we come to Naples. I had to write a review because every time we visit this place its fantastic. Very, very consistent. This time we ordered the muscles in the red sauce, We couldn't stop eating. The main meal was a sea bass , out of the world, and veal, which couldn't be better. You must eat here, you will not regret it. The staff is very knowledgable with their food and wine list. If you want good food and be treated like royalty please come to this place.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This place is one of my favorites. I like the ambience, love the interaction with the owners and how attentive they are to your needs and wants.

The food is delicious and the wine selection is good.

I read other reviews about the prices....hello? You're in Naples...so let me give you an unsolicited advice: if you're hard to part with your money, do yourself and the restaurant a favor: don't go there. If you think Sophia's is pricey, you have obviously not been in REALLY PRICEY places.

Another unsolicited advice: dress a little bit, wearing your beach shorts and t-shirt is very tacky.

1  Thank Ela V
Reviewed August 14, 2014

After a busy day, we stopped by Sophia's to get dinner to take home. We were greeted by the owner and a waitress who gave us menus and offered us drinks while we waited.

The menu included many choices and we selected spaghetti Bolognese, tagliatelle, and a fish and pasta special. The wait for our order was short, and we left with two bags of food. Upon arriving home, enjoyed delicious Italian bread, the three wonderful dinners, and amazing cannoli. The portions were quite large, so each of us were able to have three meals from the one order.

Overall, the service was very good, the food was delicious, and the price was reasonable. A good choice for dining in or taking out in my opinion.

2  Thank A T
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Sophia's is a must visit while in the Naples area. The service is outstanding, and the food is excellent. Definitely try Sophia's if you have never been there. It is a little pricey, but to me it's worth it.
The portions of food are very large, but try to save room for the bananas foster dessert! Best I've ever had!