“Delicious Italian food in the middle of Naples!”

Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 995 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: WAS THE OLD ROMAN OVEN MARKET PLACE
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I am Italian and from NY..very hard to find good food when not in NY/NY area. The restaurant is nicely decorated, waiter was attentive even though he assisted a large group, we were never left stranded. Every dish was excellent..shrimp scampi, shrimp w penne and broccoli, salmon w capers, artichoke hearts in a wine sauce. Cannoli's were excellent! We met the owner Jay who was very nice and also in tuned to all of his guests in the restaurant. We will return on our next trip to Naples!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have led a privileged life, and dined all over the world. I was in Naples for business this week, and as my hotel was adjacent to this restaurant, and I had a desire for a sit down meal in an Italian restaurant, so I thought I would go in and get a simple pasta dish. Once I opened the menu my plans quickly changed. The selections are wide and very interesting. This menu invites exploration. I quickly spotted the veal chop Milanese style, an old favorite I hadn't had in many months. It was served not fifteen minutes after placing my order, and was sheer perfection, the best preparation of that dish I had eaten in 25 years. The chop was quite large, pounded thin, sauteed to perfect tenderness, and topped with the required mound of fresh arugula and chopped tomatoes. The accompanying pasta was equally splendid, cooked to perfect al dente, and rich with marinara sauce. The waiter had provided a basket of bread with a shallow plate of olive oil/parmesan/garlic. This bread is exceptional, substantial in texture with a crunchy crust, the kind of Italian bread we simply don't see in restaurants anymore. The salad was fresh and dressed with a tasty Italian vinagrette. Wine selections are many, but not overwhelming. I enjoyed a Ruffino Classico to complement the texture and flavor of the sauteed veal. This restaurant was astonishingly busy for a Wednesday night after the peak tourist season, indicating the locals know quality when they have it. Reservations are certainly recommended, although as a single I was graciously accommodated with a choice of seating at the grill bar or at a doorside table. The owner is young and casual, but knows his stuff. The staff works together seamlessly, and he is clearly the master of the house with a handle on everything occurring in his dining room. I regard the meal I enjoyed here as the best Italian restaurant meal I have had in thirty years, and I have eaten well. I cannot wait to return to Naples, and I will always have at least one meal at Sophia's when I do.

1  Thank johnpbWestPalmBeach
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Sophia's came highly recommended by local residents, and a lot of them were repeat cutomers. We were started with a dish of olive oil+parmesan+garlic+oregano, a great combo with bread. One app we shared of grilled calamari with a balsamic reduction. Three of us has sea bass grilled and topped with puttanesca sauce, served with linguine with oil and garlic. One of us ordered a house special on a bed of linguine; basically a huge shellfish tower that required us all to eat it.

Our server "G" and the bussers were great, and they kept us happy.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Convenient to Hawthorne Suites. Nice but bland decor. Old style Italian menu plus many specials where chef overworked. Even simple disk like veal saltimboco was drenched in thick Madeira sauce. Staff uniforms exceptional BUT host/OWNER wandering around in silk shirt & jeans--surely expensive & really inappropriate. I'd say place drifts where it could sail with good captain.

1  Thank jpagesq
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The food was excellent and service was outstanding. Based on portion size, it is one of the best values in Naples!