“Best Veal Anywhere!”

Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,016 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Was The Old Roman Oven Market Place
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We visit Naples several times a year. This trip we spent the last two weeks enjoying what Naples has to offer. Clearly, Sophia's Ristorante is one of Naples' best offerings. The food is remarkably delicious, and the menu is vast and diverse. In particular, the veal is not just the best in the city, but it is the best anywhere. During our four dining experiences on this trip alone, my wife and I had the Veal Piccata, Veal Milanese and the Veal Marsala. All of these dishes were perfectly prepared, tasty and so tender that you could cut the veal with your fork. The appetizers were fresh, plentiful and likewise delicious, as well as the homemade (on premises) pasta and desserts. Service as always was impeccable as well as the hospitality of Jay and Camille, the owners. These dining experiences reinforce why my wife and I love dining at Sophia's every time that we return to Naples. We highly recommend Sophia's for the ultimate dining experience!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We discovered Sophia's a couple of years ago as we were searching for an Italian restaurant to take the place of our "go to", the Naples Tomato which had closed. We are so happy we tried Sophia's as it is now our "go-to" when we are here. We are from Indianapolis and come to Naples about 8 times per year and we always reserve one night for Sophia's. From the outside you might not even notice it as it sits in a little strip center not far from the interstate. But inside its a nice quaint restaurant, beautifully decorated. The servers are all very attentive and the owner has always been there to greet us. We've never had a bad meal, the food is always amazing. We always leave happy and in a food coma!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Recommended by a sales clerk in a local Mall. Changed my reservations and decided to try Sophia's, great choice. Fantastic food outstanding menu and terrific service. The owner is very attentive. Will definitely go back.

1  Thank csrmen
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Today we had our second visit to Sophia’s. On our last visit we had a wonderful meal and knew we found a restaurant that we would continue to visit. While dining, we noticed the waiter bring a large portion resembling a “brick” to the table next to us and my husband’s curiosity forced him to inquire what entrée that was. He was told Eggplant Parmigianino and I knew right away that we definitely would be back since Eggplant Parmigianino is one of my favorites! Well, today we went back for that Eggplant Parmigianino and I was excited, anticipating, and a little scared that it wouldn’t live up to my expectations. Boy, was I wrong!!! The Eggplant Parmigianino was the BEST I have EVER had in my life!!!!! Ten layers of cheeses, sauce, eggplant and gooey goodness---far too large a portion for me to finish; served with a salad and a side of hand-made pasta (I chose angel hair.) My husband had one of the specials which included cavatelli, sausage and lobster in an olive oil and garlic sauce which he loved. We wrapped part of our meals to go so we could share a dessert together. The restaurant offers homemade desserts in addition to the 25 different types of homemade pasta. We each had a decaf cappuccino before we finished for the night. If you have not tried Sophia’s do so, you will not be sorry, the food is excellent, the service is superb and I guarantee you will have a wonderful dining experience. (And if you are an Eggplant fanatic as I am, you have found your nirvana!)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

One of the best Italian Restaurants I have ever eaten at!!! The atmosphere is friendly, the service is wonderful, the food is outstanding, and the owner truly cares about his customers! Every time I visit Naples from SC, my friends and I visit. We have never been disappointed! Thank you, Jason, for such great dining experiences!!! Deb