“Wonderful Italian food”

Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Was The Old Roman Oven Market Place
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Sohia's never disappoints! Food fabulous-homemade pasta great. Homemade pastries to die for! Jay is wonderful. Keep up the good work. You deserve it.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I frequently take clients here among other fine restaurants in Naples. I always get the same respone on how wonderful the dining experience was. The menu offers many fine dishes, and the deserts are second to none. The owner makes his rounds to make the evening special. I recommend Sophia's Ristorante Italiano for consistently great food and professional sevice, the way it should be. I have never been disappointed. Compliments to the chef....

Reviewed July 16, 2013

One of my favorite Italian restaurants in Naples. The owner is always on sight and trying to make the dining experience memorable. I have had wonder chicken and veal dishes and great wine from his wine list. The décor is pleasant, tables and booths and noisy enough to know there are others there but quiet enough to enjoy a pleasant conversation.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The exterior of Sophia's looked so welcoming and a place we longed to try as we passed by several times. When the time came & we finally got to try this place we were disappointed with the food. The tomato sauce was horrible, the pasta on both our entree's was terrible, and stuck together like having been topped with glue. Homemade pasta sounded like something , but after tasting it -yuck ! The simple pasta dish I chose with garlic & oil was tasteless, and mushy. The veal chop served was tender , but the terrible sauce & sticky pasta ruined the this delightful & expensive meat. We thought it was very overpriced for the quality of food unfortunately. Also, the cooks had the appearance of being Oriental - no disrespect, but, this might be one of the reasons the Italian food wasn't that Italian tasting to us. Sorry Sophia's but as a local, you won't be seeing us again. Price/Quality/ = Poor rating .

3  Thank Patti M
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

The fare here is large, succulent and reasonable price. A bit too much garlic in Oil for nice warm crusty bread.Absolutely wonderful red sauces. I love the enormous veal chop and steamed mussles. Eggplant parm was also very good . I love the menu