“Menu prices are not accurate”

Sophia's Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Sophia's Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 992 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: WAS THE OLD ROMAN OVEN MARKET PLACE
Reviewed August 8, 2012

My wife and I have tried the "to go" pizza service for the last two weeks because of the recent coupons that have been out in the area. Both times have been a dissapointment. I always give a second chance to an establishment that is new to me. I talked with Jay who he said is one of the owner/managers about the online menu pricing, see the attached URL as of 08/08/12 http://www.sophiasitaliano.com/take-out-only-items.htm#Sophias_Famous_Pizza which states "3 ingredients or more are $1.00 each after the first two ingredients are $2.00 each. This may be insignificant to most people but they charge $3.00 starting with the 3rd ingredient instead of the fourth ingredient.My point is this, if you go into Kmart and see a display of 2 litre coke that says $2.00 each and 3 or more are $1.00 each. Wouldn't you think the 3rd one would be $1.00. In fairness to Jay he said he would change the menu pricing within one week of my phone call. You may verify this for yourself to see if it has been done. However, my wife still paid the extra charge at the restaurant after explaining the situation to Jay. For some reason they would rather lose a customer over $1.00 than make it right, especially if the establishment is wrong. I hope Jay follows up to his word. I will try to get a refund from my remaining BLOC DEAL.

3  Thank RobertR384
There are newer reviews for Sophia's Ristorante Italiano

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had an amazing dinner at Sophia's. The service was exceptional! We had sea bass which was cooked to perfection and spaghetti with meatballs. Dinner came with fresh baked bread with awesome dipping oil. It is a little pricey but well worth it! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

excellent food, perfect - and really perfect service. They make you feel as a real guest! Don't miss this restaurant

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was probably our best meal in Naples. We felt like some good pasta & read some pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor so we set out to find Sophia's. We were very happy with our decision. We had some of the best & freshest bruschetta appetizer I have ever had. Everyone loved their pasta dishes (Spaghetti al a Bolognese, Papparedelle & Penne alla vodka). They served us some pizza to sample which was very good as well. We were disappointed that we saved no room for dessert. The service was fantastic.. If you are in Naples this place should definetly be visited.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great wine list! Nice ambiance. You could put this restaurant in an italian neighborhood in Chicago and it would be great. Very good, interesting choices. I would recommend it.