“Ripoff!”

Neighborhood: Old Naples
Miami, Florida
“Ripoff!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Ok so we went to eat here during our stay in Naples. I ordered a ravioli plate (only 5raviolis) for $20.00, my friend ordered a shrimp pasta for $25.00 it only came with 4 shrimps I counted them!!! and my husband decided to order spaghetti and meatballs! the matballs were dried not to mention that the charge you for a regular spaghetti and then they give you meat balls at an additional $2.00 each!! the meatballs are dry and small.
The bread was good and the service was good, aside from it being expensive it worked out.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank ILOVEVACAY413

“So overpriced! Tourist trap”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This restaurant is so expensive the portions are super small. You pay $20 for five raviolis!! And the shrimp pasta comes with 4 shrimps not to mention the spaghetti and meatballs for 20 bucks with two dry meatballs and the charge you 2 bucks for each meatball!!! Ripoff

3 Thank Deathrat
Estero, Florida
“Yumm!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

A very good grilled vegetable salad. Friendly staff, and lots of space for larger groups of people.

Visited March 2012
Naples, Florida
“Added Charges To My Credit Card”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food was ok. A bit pricey for pasta. Stay away because I signed for a tip and when I received my Bank tranactions they added a bigger tip. Not so cool. I will never go back and will share this with family, friends and
clients who are always looking for new places to eat.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Barbara L
rossopomodoro, Owner at Rossopomodoro, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Hello,
we are a serious family and nice people
we have never charged anyone, if something happened to you from my restaurant, why didn't you ask to talk to me?
I was there because i'm at the restaurant every night.
I expect a response from you, I need your check and name of the server.
This is my third response to you and i don't think it's nice from you not to reply, I have also given you my personal cell phone number.
What could have happened that you saw, on your bank account, a pending payment which IS NOT the final one.
In case you have been charged by a server, I would like to know who I have in my restaurant.
Francesca N.
Montreal
“Hero to Zero”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This was our 4th visit at Rossopomodoro in Naples,FL. We first visited 2 years ago and altough a little expensive the quality and ambiance won us over. Wife, kids and I we're all looking forward to enjoying another great meal but unfortunately we left the restaurant feeling disappointed. First off, we went here for their truly authentic pizza but once seated were informed that pizza oven has not been working for OVER 2 months - seriously?? 2 months...come on what's the really story here?? We decided to stay anyway, ordered fried squid entree and when we got it there not more then 9 pieces of squid(this was definetly not the portions we had received in previous visits).Gnoochi's were OK(actual size of gnoochis a little too small), meat ball plate was nice(7 smallish meatballs), cod plate was a let down(was cod filet instead of dry boneless cod) the saussage & rapini plate was average.

Problem with all these plates is that they are all overpriced, It cost us $130 for the 4 plates + 1 beer + 1 glass of wine, 2 coffees and 2 doughnuts(Zeppole). Had the portions, quality been what they used to be it would not have bothered me to pay $130 or $150. I truly hope this restaurant picks itself back-up, they have some quality ingredients and a nice place but need to step it back-up and offer Quality-Quantity-Service as they did when they first opened if they plan on being around.

• Visited July 2012