“Back again.......”

The European Bakery & Cafe
Ranked #5 of 48 Dessert in Naples
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: A little, charming, old european style cafe/restaurant. Serves excellent, homemade stuffed cabbage, hunter stew (bigos), goulash (beef stew) potato pancakes, homemade soups, crepes, pierogies etc....
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Someone would ask why? Because I love this place. Simple like that. I can not understand why some people (luckily only a few) were not satisfied. After reading all the glowing reviews I came to conclusion that there was something wrong with those people. I am of Hungarian descent and decided to try their goulash, which is our traditional meal. The owner/chef explained me that her goulash is different from I used to have. Yet, I decided to try it any way. And ..... I was not disappointed. Of course it was fixed in a Polish way, but still excellent. So rich and tasty, that I had to compliment the chef. Served with mashed potatoes and gourmet pickles. And the portion was more than generous. I was deeply upset with one review posted by a customer who claimed that the goulash was not tasty and meager. I am Hungarian and I know something about it. Probably He had never tried good one. Never mind, I loved it a lot . And the Polish beer was so crispy and fresh, that I can recommend it to any beer lover. No wonder in 2007 was voted best beer in the world. And still on top. So, now I know that they have not only great pastries, but food too. I'll be back with my family soon. Thanks Marta. You are not only exceptionally nice person but great chef too.

3  Thank Barbara B
There are newer reviews for The European Bakery & Cafe

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Their food is truly delicious. I had the stuffed cabbage which was unbelievably tasty, and the tomato sauce was amazing. The cabbage rolls themselves so light and tasty that every bite was memorable. The owners both very nice and friendly. The place itself very unique. It's hard to believe there are some people who do not appreciate the decor. You can meet similar, charming places only in old, well known european cities like Vienna, Munich, Paris etc..
This place is so warm and homey that one gets feeling like dining in your own home. In addition to this you can enjoy the beautiful classic piano music. Very relaxing. I have visited many places in Europe and I am telling you, this is one of the most unique places I have ever met. I am going to be a frequent customer at this lovely place. See you soon Marta and Hubert. I'll be soon with my friends.

2  Thank krak5060
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Loved the warm, charming owners of the cafe. We only tried the pastries and they were good. Did not like the ambiance-the weird decor of the place. It seemed pricey for what it was. I'd definitely recommend their cheesecake (not for the calorie conscious) and traditional Polish "favorki" cookies.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Some time ago I had ordered their famous mini chocolate and cheese babkas, coffee cake and their very light, plain cheesecake. It was not my first time at this place. I had ordered similar stuff before. All the pastries were delicious and everybody enjoyed them.Unique taste with European flavor and high quality. Whenever I have a special event, I always order at this small charming cafe. Maybe their stuff is not very cheap, but worth every penny. I highly recommend this place to everyone. Some day I will have to try their food, which I have heard is outstanding. See you soon and thank you.

1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Great food, great service :) naples has some wonderful hi end places , this is an old world gem. The decor could be upgraded, the owners cook and serve and dish up smiles and good conversation. Everything is made from scratch!