“Sure Beats Burgers”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I get bored with normal lunches. After a while pizza, burgers, and the like get boring - so at least every other week, I stop in at the Greek Gourmet and enjoy their lunch special - Soup (Lentil or Chicken Orzo). a Gyro and a drink for slightly over $10.00. Its not a bad deal.
While the decor may not be the classiest, the food makes for it and represents a great value.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We waited too long for attention, but once we got it the food took over. The greek salad was fresh everything, including fresh feta cheese. The gyros were super; I had the original and my husband had the "fresh catch". The real thing; very fresh. We couldn't resist dessert, also fantastic. If the staff would put some kick in their step this place would be super.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

If you're looking for a light lunch or a filling dinner, the Greek Goumet, across from the Naple Community Hospital complex on Rt. 41 at 4th North, offers tasty food in a clean, quiet (usually) environment - and efficient friendly service.

We generally each enjoy lunch with a bowl of their Lentil or Lemon Soup with pita bread squares - and a glass of Greek red wine. Opa!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Take out order was horrible.
Avogolemno soup was thick, overcooked and not fresh tasting. Chicken salad feta pita was inedible.
Salty and filled with white pepper.
I will never eat there again.

1  Thank Gammda
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We often go to the Greek Gourmet when we have a hankering for Greek salad. We both enjoy the salad very much, although it doesn't hold a candle to the Greek salads we have eaten in Greece itself!

Once in awhile we have something else. Tonight I had a lamb shank with orzo in tomato sauce, vegetables and a small Greek salad. It was very enjoyable. The portion was much too large, though.

The interior of the restaurant reminds me of a diner without booths. The cases holding desserts have finger prints all over them. The service is casual to a fault..."just take a seat anywhere." Our meals were not served at the same time which shows complete carelessness to me.

So, if you are in the mood for Greek salad, give it a try. Just don't expect atmosphere or attentive service.