“Excellent early morning cruise”

Sweet Liberty Catamaran Sailing & Boat Tours
Ranked #2 of 134 Tours in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Sweet Liberty is SW Florida's largest catamaran that runs 3 cruises daily to the public as well as offers private group trips for weddings and memorial services. Located at the historic Naples City Dock in Naples, FL. Please visit our website for more information.
Earth, Texas
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 237 helpful votes
“Excellent early morning cruise”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

We had a great experience on their morning cruise to Keewaydin. The boat ride through the bay was nice with some interesting facts on the real-estate prices in Port Royal. Boat was not crowded with lots of space to linger around. Keewaydin itself has a deserted dream-beach. We had plenty of time for shelling and swimming. Together with the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary this was one of our best experience in Naples. It was worth the money!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank YoshiDus

Springfield, IL
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Fun on the water”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

The clouds seemed to be dispersing so we called our friends for sunset cruise. They had taken this cruise before and had always had fun. We motored around the houses in Port Royal and then set sail when we were out in the Gulf of Mexico. The wind was strong and the gulf was choppy, but nobody got sick. The catamaran is large enough for people to be on deck or below and it has a head for those who need it. Our friends knew to bring beer and wine because it is not sold on board. Soft drinks, water, and chips are available for sale on the boat. Our captain did not tell a lot about the houses and such, but our friends said that on previous trips, the captain was very talkative. The entire crew was very polite and fun.

Visited February 2012
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful Sunset Cruises!”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Sweet Liberty Catamaran offers a great sailing experience! I took the sunset cruise, a roughly two hour sail out Naples Bay and into the Gulf of Mexico. The friendly, knowledgable crew does a nice job pointing out highlights as you travel past the luxurious Port Royal homes, as well as sharing details about the surrounding area and its native wildlife. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing quite a few dolphins, as well as a breathtaking sunset. I highly recommend it!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Paradise_Coast_Lover
Toronto, Canada
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Another day perhaps”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

Seeing as these boat cruises are pricey, I conducted a diligent search to pick out, what I thought would be a great experience. Based on the website, a call to the company and reviews here, I thought Sweet Loberty had it all.

When we arrived everyone was sitting up top on gym mats or leaning up against windows. The lower part of the boat was more comfortable but offered a restricted view. Individuals with back problems etc might have an issue with this.

As we began slowly "putting" away from the pier we were informed that we'd be taking a different route due to inclement weather. It did chill up that day but no precipitation or storm came in. I didn't realize that the change in route meant that the 2 hr portion of our boat ride was to be very uneventful. Birds, nests and trees were pointed out but that was it. We saw a dolphin in the distance, which swam up to us briefly but soon lost interest to boats with more powerful engines. According to the boat operator, faster boats were more likely to get the dolphins to interact with them. Oh. I then thought that I'd missed out on a "better" experience because this boat is quite slow as compared to everything else on the intercoastal that day.

If I hadn't called and asked the day before, already knowing the weather was turning cold, if this would be a good day to go, I wouldn't be so dissapointed that I didn't get the sightseeing experience promised to me. If I was told that the weather might impact the itenerary-route as I'd specifically asked about, I'd have been okay. I did after all get to see some dolphins. Also, the shelling island they took us too was fabulous. We got some great shells.

So if you are looking for a shelling trip, prefer a slower moving boat and choose a day with good weather in the forecast you might very well be thrilled with not only the shelling aspect but the one hour trip each way. If seeing dolphins is your primary focus, as I'm not an expert, I'll refer to what the captain said and suggest a faster boat, one that maintains the dolphins interest by creating a wake they might want to swim in and thus will choose to interact with your group.

5 Thank shareyyz
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Peaceful and boring”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

The tour operators are very friendly. He has been sailing along time as he stated. After we paid and left the dock he informed us that there was some possible weather.so he putted along the inter coastal instead of the regular route. This even though we paid regular price. $ 40.00 per person. The first hour had him pointing out birds nests. We saw one dolphin at a distance. Then we did some lovely shelling at a wonderful spot. On the way back for the final hour we saw two other dolphins where the captain noted the other bigger wake boats were more likely to have the dolfins play and follow them. Overall very disappointing.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Searching_for_Eagle
maggiered, Owner at Sweet Liberty Catamaran Sailing & Boat Tours, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
some times we are in the gulf some times we take the Rookery Bay tour for safety reasons, the trip is 1 hour each way regardless of which way we go
The birds nests and mangroves are part of our tour
sorry you found them boring
dolphins are wild so we can not train them as to what boat to come to, some days we have wonderful lengthy sightings.
shelling is always shelling,, and is quite good where we go on Keywadin Island
I am very sorry you did not enjoy the boat ride
Lenny