“Ups & Downs”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vanderbilt Beach Road
Transit: In front of Mercato at the northeast corner of Vanderbilt Beach Road & Tamiami Trail North.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a reservation 7:30 PM last Saturday. Was seated within a minute or two, but the girl who brought us to our table seemed a bit confused. Our sever came to us fairly quickly. She let us know this was her first night on the floor. Took our drink orders... I asked what Rums were available. She responded with Captian Morg... I cut it off right there. I let her know that I was wondering what high-end rums were available. ??? DOH.... no clue... she went and asked and came back. She didnt seem confident at this point. When she told me Appleton , I said that was fine, rocks. She brought our drinks, bumped one of them and some of it hit the floor, a little of it landed on my dinner guests dress. At the very least - THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN COMPED! We made an appetizer order. The shrimp w pepper jack cheese and bacon, very good! The person I was with like the lobster bisque. And thought it was a nice touch seeing the lobster chunks before the bisque was added. The few ice cubes with it put it at a temp that could be eaten right away. Kudo's! I had a filet and ordered some crab to put on top of it. Although cooked properly it was just "ok" not bad but not OH WOW either. We finished our entree's it took awhile before out server came back to check on us. ( first night confusion maybe?) She did bring after dinner menus. The first thing I noticed was Zapaca Rum in the drink section, which I would have had in the first place. It took her awhile to get back to us again, so we decided enough was enough. Overall decent food, people were nice enough, but the place needs a higher level of service.

1  Thank live2wice

Reviewed May 7, 2013

First time at McCormick & Schmick's and we'll be back again. It was recommended by others to us and we certainly were not disappointed. Great value for the money. Really good appetizer choices. Good drink prices also during happy hour.

Try it. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank SharonSyracuse
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We sat at the bar. The food was good the bartender was awful! No personality and not customer focused. He should be a service bartender and not deal with customers. Very short and curt.

1  Thank Th0mas1957
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Plenty of other options in Naples. Ordered carryout for the family. I'll cut them some slack because it was carryout, but everything was just OK. Ribeye was OK, but probably not worth the $35. The Parmesan Crusted Flounder was OK. Caesar Salad was OK. The kids had burgers, which turned out to be the best thing we ordered. Per my wife, "never order the lobster mashed potatoes again, they were awful." Given this side was $11, I would have to agree. I was very disappointed and for the money would have been much more satisfied eating around the corner at Bravo or the Capitol Grille.

1  Thank Ky_Shamrock
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Went here for my sisters birthday (her request). Beautiful atmosphere and great staff. Her daughter made the reservations and managed to score a private booth. Very nice touch! Being a seafood aficionado, I would classify this as very good. And reasonable as well.
We are looking to move to the area and will return.