“where's the lobster”

McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Naples - Mercato
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Naples - Mercato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #388 of 999 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Vanderbilt Beach Road
Transit: In front of Mercato at the northeast corner of Vanderbilt Beach Road & Tamiami Trail North.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

very nice atmosphere but ordered the lobster sald which ended up being lots of greenery and very little lobster. This was lunch and for $20 very expensive lobster less cobb salad.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at this restaurant today, and we were very disappointed. We arrived before 12 noon and were seated by a very pleasant hostess. It was downhill from there. Our server was otherwise engaged with a table of three ladies and paid no attention to anyone who was being seated in her section. We could hear her talking and laughing with her "table" and waited at least 15 minutes before my husband finally waved over another server. We asked if we could be served, and the server said "Oh they have her talking over there, so I'll take your order." "They" did not have her talking...the server was doing most of the talking about herself, her school, etc. I could not believe that in a restaurant of this calibre and with these prices, we could not even get someone to take a drink order! The food was barely OK. My husband had the broiled Atlantic cod, which he liked. I had a Kobe burger which I ordered medium rare. It came burnt with just a little pink on the inside. No ice water was offered and although there were bread plates, no bread was offered either. After paying almost $50 for this lunch experience, I coudn't wait to get out of there and write this review so other non-suspecting diners would avoid this place like the plague! What a shame! The dining space is attractive and the location in the Mercato is lovely. But this particular restaurant did not live up to the expectation we had for a restaurant with such a good reputation.

1  Thank tc5252
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten at this restaurant on three occasions, and each time I've received a very good meal for a fair price. Unlike many restaurants in the Naples area, you can order an excellent fish, pasta, or meat dinner for a not exorbitant sum.

While not inexpensive (most entrees are in the $20.00-28.00 range), this is a good choice for those who seek an excellent meal but who are not on an expense account.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We didn't mind the 50 minute wait for just two because we didn't have a reservation. We were on vacation enjoying an evening out. It was odd that many tables were open, perhaps it was a staffing issue. The reason our dining experience was so baf that at no time during our wait was it noted they ran out of several fish options. It would have been nice if they updated their blackboard. Waiting 50 minutes to find out my top and only two fish options were sold out was so disappointing. It's Naples Florida in season, this should not happen. I was not able to select a salad as a side. The customer service was horrible. We will never go back. Good luck to those that decide to go to this location.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

this chain just gets it, not ostentatious like some of the chain steak houses. Honest waiter making suggestions to go with and not dependent on the matches to other selections, including wines. He alsways asked questions about diners preference before recommending, different from other places which recommend based on the waiters preference.