“Very good address for nice dining”
Review of Sea Salt

Sea Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: Broad Avenue
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very friendly welcome and seating in the small garden. Very friendly service. Good choice of salads, pasta, seafood and desserts. Big choice of wine. The prices are very high, but this is normal for the food given the situation of the restaurant in the heart of Naples. For the wines, the prices are excessive. We had two very nice salads (Mix Green and Caesar), two pastas (ravioli and cannelloni) and two desserts (Mocha Dream and Mango Tartare) with a very fresh choice of bread (rare in Florida). Every plate was very good and well presented. The portion of ravioli is very small...leaves space for the dessert!!!! Our wine was a Beringer Merlot, very good and reasonably priced, however cheaper on the menu than on the check.

ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Peter H,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our restaurant, your comments are very much valued. We do serve a Burgess Merlot by the glass at $14.00 per glass and $54.00 per bottle; if you were charged differently please contact me directly and I will refund the difference.

We look forward to serving you again real soon!

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Chose this restaurant after seeing it's high reviews. Did not have the same experience. Parking was nearly nonexistent and valet is not offered. This started our evening out on a bad note. The restaurant was so noisy it was hard to hear the person across the table. Very limited menu choices if you don't like sea food. Both pasta dish and fish dish were bland. For the price, the servings were small. Service, however, was very good. Will not return.

ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear naplesdiner15,

Thank you for your review. I want to make things right here, as we're in this business to provide a great experience for you and I’m upset to hear that we failed to meet your standards, both with our atmosphere and the value of our food. I would love the opportunity to make it up to you; please come back, dine with us and I will personally ensure a fantastic evening at Sea Salt.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Beware -- this restaurant is NOISY and the ordering is ODD. I know -- all restaurants these days are noisy. But this one was especially so. The waiter told us about great fish that were available, fresh off the boat BUT, for instance, SEVEN of us (which was our entire party) would have to order the fish in order for any of us to have it. How likely is that? Some of the other types of fish were available for a smaller number of people, but it still seemed to us to be an odd way to offer the fish. I had the swordfish with tomatoes and olives. It was OK. Nothing special.

Dear BeachesForFour,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m sorry that you felt our atmosphere & service was unacceptable. We have tried to tone down the volume of the restaurant by adding a glass wall from the kitchen and carpeting in our main dining room. We have also reviewed the table placements and therefore have removed some tables to help keep the noise level to a minimum. As for the daily fish selection from our display case; the whole fishes offered have limited availability and size. Our dinner menu offers a wide variety of dining options to give you the opportunity to select the experience of your choice.

I hope your impression of us is not lasting in a negative way and that you would dine with us again in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

The three of us shared the grilled grouper fish. It was wonderful. The server was wonderful, showed us the fish and waited patiently while we asked many questions. We had the calamari for an appetizer and it was most likely the best we ever had. The creme brulee was ok. Top not crunchy at all. All in all it was a very good meal

Dear micnmac,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience with us.

We look forward to having you back in soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Only because of it's location is this restaurant ,Sea Salt , still in business. Seven of us ( all seven are Naples year around residents,) went there for lunch. Two of us had the grouper which was overlooked and rubbery and small. It came with stale and cold " fried chips" in a cone. Also included was a tasteless ,hard tomato on wet lettuce. The kale salad should be eliminated. Four of us had wine. Since I am in the restaurant business, I know wines and at the cheapest for $12 a glass- way overpriced! This is a gouging of tourists. The service was good. So our bill for bad food and a small glass of wine with tip was $38. On asking others who have been there, everyone said " the food was terrible!"

2  Thank augiedogFlorida
ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear augiedogFlorida,

I would first like to thank you for your comments as all of our guests’ experiences are very important to us and we welcome all feedback both positive and negative in order to continuously improve upon the dining experience we offer. I am sorry you feel as if we fell short of your expectations and standards during your past luncheon with us.

I will speak with our chef regarding your comments on our food. I’m very surprised to hear that you didn’t care for our Signature Kale Salad; which is highly recommended by Dr. David Perlmutter and is also featured in his new book Grain Brain.

I certainly hope that your impression of us is not lasting and that you would consider dining with us again in the near future. I would like to extend an offer to contact me personally to reserve your next dinner or business meeting at Sea Salt. As the general manager, I hope that all of our customers have been given the opportunity to see what the true Sea Salt dining experience is all about; creative and delicious cuisine delivered with exceptional service!

We look forward to seeing you soon!