“a tale of two places”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea Salt

Sea Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Sea Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 984 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: Broad Avenue
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“a tale of two places”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food was good. Outdoor seating would get 4 stars. We sat indoors - 2 stars. Most of the indoor seating uses banquette-style benches. There are only a few regular tables and seem to be reserved for larger groups (more than 2). Service was just OK.

Visited March 2013
ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Claude D,

I would first like to start by thanking you for your comments. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our experience for our guests so any and all feedback is welcome and much appreciated. Unfortunately, due to limited patio seating and our “first-come-first-serve” policy for outdoor dining, it can be challenging accommodating all outdoor requests.

In regards to the food, I will certainly relay your compliments to the chef. We strive to create dishes that will exceed our customers’ expectations and we are happy we achieved that with you.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Newton, Massachusetts
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Maybe I was disappointed because the outdoor tables were taken up and we had to dine indoors. But the atmosphere was nothing special, nor was the service ... nor was the food. And the prices ... pretty special! ("Special," here, meaning not inconsiderable). I wish I could say more, but with the numerous choices in and around Naples, Sea Salt just does not withstand scrutiny.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Sarah41707
ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Sarah41707,

We do apologize that we are not able to accommodate all outdoor dining requests due to the limited patio seating. I am sorry you feel as if we fell short of your expectations in regards to our food & service.

We hope that you do dine with us again and give us a second chance to change your opinion on your first impression.

Naples, Florida, United States
“Very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

Clearly other people have enjoyed this restaurant, and now i have been 3 times and really had bad food all 3 times, so its hit or miss, and i don't like that in a restaurant. Especially when i take business partners, i want everyone to be assured of good food, and that does not happen at Sea Salt.... very inconsistent

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Paul_Woods_Algenol
ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Paul_Woods_Algenol,

I would first like to thank you for your comments as all of our guests’ experiences are very important to us and we welcome all feedback both positive and negative in order to continuously improve upon the dining experience we offer. I am sorry you feel as if we fell short of your expectations and standards during your past dining experiences with us.

I certainly hope that your impression of us is not lasting and that you would consider dining with us again in the near future. I would like to extend an offer to contact me personally to reserve your next dinner or business meeting at Sea Salt. As the general manager, I hope that all of our customers have been given the opportunity to see what the true Sea Salt dining experience is all about; creative and delicious cuisine delivered with exceptional service!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Tanya Buchanan
“Huge group, served impeccably”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Having never been to Sea Salt before, I was concerned about a dining experience with two tables with about 15 women at each one. I figured long wait, average, lukewarm food, and bad service. But the opposite was true. Our tables were off to the side, which was very nice. Everything was well-organized and the lovely multi-course meal was planned ahead of time, so it all came out on queue. Each course was tasty and fresh. The wine was great and so was the service. The place was very busy and it had a vibrant, but understated bar area and the decor and lighting are very pleasant. I will be back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank martarian
ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear martarian,

We are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful group dinner experience with us. With our cuisine being focused on freshness and creativity, we strive to impress all of our customers with a high caliber of excellence.

With large parties, we focus on creating a comfortable atmosphere for the party and ensuring that our delivery in service is as precise as it can possibly be. As a manager, I see large parties as an opportunity to show our customer the efficiency in our staff and quality in our cuisine.

With your response, I see that my service team did a great job and everything went smooth as I expected it would.

Sea Salt as a whole would like to thank you for choosing us to host your event and we hope to “wow” you again in the future!

UK
“Disappointed this time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We loved dining at seasalt last year so reserved in advanced for our holiday this year. We booked a table for last week and felt disappointed when we arrived to be told that restaurant was running late so we would have to wait. We had reserved. We do understand how meals can overrun but the lady on the receiving desk was incredibly unfriendly and unhelpful. Other diners also in parties of 4 arrived and were seated. They had the same reservation time as us but arrived later than us. We continued to wait. Then we guessed what the delay was. Available tables were in the main part of the restaurant. We had 2 well behaved, smartly dressed children ages 13 and 10 with us but they obviously didnt want us in the main restaurant area so we were squeezed down the side when another family with children vacated their table.
It is important that I add that we dine out in naples every night for a fortnight and almost every time diners/restaurant owners comment on how well behaved and polite our children are.
The food was good but we felt disappointed by how we were treated. Last year staff were polite but this year the lady on reception did not even look at us as we approached and confirmed out booking. Dining out is expensive but we regard it as an experience worth paying for. Not in this case. The other restaurants in naples were far more friendly.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mermaidskiss
ssnaples, General Manager at Sea Salt, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear mermaidskiss,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, as we appreciate all feedback, both positive and negative. Along with our gourmet cuisine, the atmosphere of our restaurant is held to high expectations to keep our customers feeling welcome and intrigued with their approaching dining experience.

I have discussed your statements with the management staff and have also met with the hostess department to make sure that such attitudes are not used on the restaurant floor and that wait times are no longer than five minutes for customers with reservations. Our main dining room is open to diners with or without children, so I assure you that this was not the cause of the long wait. I hope that your impression of our restaurant is not a lasting one and I encourage your family to dine with us again soon so we can exceed your expectations as we did during your previous visit.

We look forward to serving you again soon!