“Loved the park”

Collier Seminole State Park
Ranked #42 of 124 things to do in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: This 7,271 acre state park lies partly within the great mangrove swamp of southern Florida, one of the largest mangrove swamps in the world. A wide variety of wildlife, including several imperiled species, inhabits this unusual blend of temperate and tropical native plant communities. Visitors can experience this park's remarkable wilderness on several trails. The Blackwater River originates in the park and meanders several miles through the mangroves to Blackwater Bay and the Ten Thousand Islands. The Friends of Collier-Seminole State Park offers popular daily 3-hour Guided Canoe Trip (9:30 AM - 12:30 PM) down the Blackwater River. No paddling experience required. All Canoes have padded seats and backrest! Please call the ranger station for trip price & reservations. The park has canoe rentals along with a boat ramp that provides access to the Blackwater River. Other trails offer opportunities for bicycling, hiking and nature observation. Campground sites have electricity, water, a grill and a picnic table. The restrooms have hot showers and one has a laundry facility. The park is open from 8:00 a.M. Until sunset, 365 days a year.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I went here for Father's Day with my daughter and husband. And it's a wonderful clean beautiful park.
We were actually the only ones there but we had a blast. We had a lake view and it was very clean and nice.
We saw a baby alligator in the water lol. The only thing about this park is the bugs ugghh they were all over us.
Mosquito, flys, dragon flys , but it's a very nice park to hang out in. I will definitely go back if there wasn't as much bugs.
But I loved it! I recommend it.

1  Thank Nenalinda3436
There are newer reviews for Collier Seminole State Park

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was a great State Park to camp at. I took my 11 yr. old daughter and her friend and they really enjoyed themselves. The campground was nice as well as the bathrooms. They had a Ranger led walk, that we enjoyed. We went canoeing and then at night we enjoyed an ice cream social before the ranger presentation on the Florida Black Bear. The only drawback were the noisy campers next to us that kept their party going way past quiet time. Many people complained, but nothing was really done. So we did not get much sleep the last night. I am giving 5 stars though because I felt it was a great park to hang out in and enjoy nature and the staff was helpful and nice.

You can read more on our travel blog.

2  Thank gwendalyn
Reviewed June 23, 2013

park is clean ,bathrooms were clean and shower were hot! best part was the bear walking through camp !! Absolutly will be staying there again .. Price per night can't be beat and $26 canoe rental for the day is cheapest you'll find ...very close to other attractions ,big cypress bend ,everglades city ,Marco island

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Stayed over the Memorial Day Weekend 2013 with the family and quite to my surprise I had a great time and enjoyed the park tremendously. Canoeing was great, bathrooms extremely clean and staff was very informative and friendly. Although the mosquitoes were quite annoying at times, we just learned to spray ourselves good and wear pants and long sleeved shirts at night...

1  Thank barbiediaz305
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stopped by to see the "Walking Dredge"-- quite a site and stoy-- recommend it if you're in the area. Beautiful well kept park with camping- canoe rentals--- very pleasant relaxing visit.

1  Thank BettyBoop1941