“Still one of the best”
Review of The Grill

The Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 1,016 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North Naples
Description: Exuding sophistication, The Grill's design is a contemporary update to a classic masterpiece. Retaining the beautiful crystal chandeliers, impeccable service and exceptional menu offerings that The Grill's discerning patrons have come to expect, the design features a soft gray palette, inspired by the Gulf of Mexico after a summer rain. Providing the best culinary experience, The Grill is the perfect setting for an intimate dinner that lingers into the late hours with menu selections including dry-aged beef, fresh seafood, seasonal favorites and a collection of international award-winning wines. Reservations recommended. Dress for the evening is casual elegance. We request that attire such as shorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, and ripped jeans be reserved for another occasion. Voted Diners Choice Best Naples Restaurant by Open Table Diners.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I wanted to surprise my girlfriend for a long overdue *date-night* and thought The Grill would be the best choice. While it turned out she guessed where we were going almost immediately, the restaurant did not disappoint. This was not my first visit here, not by a long shot. I had been a frequent guest for years but, for some reason, it had been quite a while in between visits. Needless to say, it was a great night. Amy's soft-shell crabs, served out of the shell, were excellent as were the sauces. My caprese was perfect. She had the scallops which were also perfectly seasoned/cooked. My 22-oz bone-in ribeye was cooked to a precise medium rare but it was a little tough for typically such a tender cut. The souflees were to die for. Hers was cookies & creme. Mine was the traditional Grand Marnier. The service was impeccable, the sommelier very knowledgable and the ambiance was nothing short of ideal. It helped that we had a cozy little corner banquette near the fireplace as well. So why have i rated it only 4 stars you ask ? Well, i will tell you why. For years The Grill required a standard of dress for its guests that was commensurate with the quality and setting of not only the restaurant but the Ritz Carlton itself. They have since relaxed that rule rather dramatically. The restaurant sets too high of a standard in terms of service, food quality and setting to allow jeans, flip flops, etc. Im trying not to sound obnoxious but i think there should still be places where gentlemen should be in jackets and ladies with proper evening wear. Trust me its not about price point. This place is not much more than a night out at The Capital Grille and at least here you're getting prime grades/cuts of beef and not choice. After being a guest in this restaurant for the 14 years ive lived in this area, i still think it's the best special occasion restaurant in Naples....dress code notwithstanding.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently had a wonderful meal at The Grill. I was part of a group of 7 and despite the size of the group I still felt personally taken care of. The timing of the meal from appetizers to dessert was perfect. And everything, from the shrimp cocktail to the souffle was beautifully prepared! And the wine and cocktail selections are good as well.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had dinner last night with some business clients and everyone enjoyed their meals. I had the filet which was dry aged for 28 days and it was amazing!

Other items ordered were the Veal, Ribeye (Huge) and a Halibut. Everything was cooked just right and tasted amazing.

The service was very good and this is what you call dining.

This is a great place for business or that special occasion.

Cost for steak and fish around $45.00. plus extras

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Everything we had was delicious. The service was excellent. The steaks were the best, veggies terrific, took as long as we wanted to dine, didn't feel rushed, great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have an expression that goes something like 'all fur coat and no underwear' .... bit the same as style over substance. That's The Grill for you.
As my reviews often state, we travel globally and eat in Michelin starred restaurants everywhere. I believe I know about food.
I add to that my absolute favourite hotel group is the Ritz Carlton AND we have eaten in The Grill before.
We will not, again.
Pretentious to a fault. Yes, great service but it was an empty restaurant and lacked any atmosphere. Singer/pianist sounded bored and left early.
Shrimp cocktail was served with an over zealous sauce. My Halibut served with gnocchi, truffle and pancetta was one ingredient too many. Whilst the pancetta is there for crunch and salt I would prefer it not. A simple crumble topping and adjustment in seasoning would do the trick. The Halibut was overcooked and dry.
My husband ordered a Dover Sole - the cost of which probably factored in the transport costs from Dover (in England for those not sure). It is a delicate fish and needs a gentle pan fry. This one was like rubber.
I opted for the Grand Marnier soufflé. My favourite - I eat it a great deal in France where it is a old standard. Given that it is a constant offering at The Grill I would hope the chef could get it right. Far too cakey, not light, rise not good and no taste of the Grand Marnier.
As you need to take out a mortgage to eat here this is simply not good enough.

1  Thank Cheryl G