“What a great hotel!”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Naples
Ranked #33 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My husband and I decided to take a last minute fourth of July long weekend trip. We used Priceline to book a 2.5 or higher hotel. When we were given the Springhill Suites I was very pleased, considering I only bid $30 a night. So that was a sweet deal. When we got there after 7:00pm, Tammy was there to greet us and check us in. She was very kind and helpful. Once we got to our room we were so shocked! The room was so CLEAN and had no odor. If we wanted to, I bet we could have ate off the floor. (Not that we ever would.) The bed came with 6 pillows and the linens were new and fluffy. The decor was so pleasing to the eye. The bathroom was spotless and the sink is separate from the bathroom so that's a plus. There was a small living room seating area upon entering the room and a small kitchen area that included a mini fridge, microwave, small sink, and cupboard. There is free parking and free wi-fi which ran very slow. The complimentary breakfast was good. They provided the typical "deluxe continental breakfast" sausage, scrambled egg disks, waffles, cereals, breads, muffins, fruit, yogurts, hot oatmeal, and beverages. The area can get a little crowded but it was 4th of July weekend after all. We stayed in this hotel for three nights. On the third night (Sunday) our air condition began to smoke (Room 325). We called the front desk and they gave us another room just down the hall. I must say, if a guest calls after 12am to say the a/c unit is smoking they shouldn't have made us go down to get a new room key. Someone should have came to us. We were in our pajamas! No follow up at all. I know if Tammy was scheduled she would have followed up. Other than that little hiccup the stay was GREAT and since it's on the main road towards Marco Island and right off of I-75 it works for us.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the West.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ILoveStars28
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott Naples

Reviewed April 20, 2011

Stayed at this hotel 2 nights with extended family for a weekend getaway in Naples. The hotel is extremely clean & roomy. A/C worked great in the room. Plus, all the rooms are suites with a small kitchen like area with a sink, mini fridge & microwave & a living area all separated by a wall from the bedroom/bathroom area. The staff are very nice & helpful. However, the only bad part was the location. You still have to drive a ways to get to downtown Naples & the beach. One convenience was that it was close to I-75 & there were restaurants & stores close by. We made use of the Super Walmart to get some supplies. The breakfast was fine. Not much variety, but it met our needs. I would still recommend this hotel if you wish to stay further away from the main Naples area & for the good price.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank blondy3
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here on the way to the Everglades for 2 nights. You have to drive a ways to get to real food as this hotel is pretty isolated. Breakfast was crowded with families and a sport team of teenagers so it was a zoo and totally overcrowded unless you were willing to wait around for it to clear out. Fairfield Inn is next door. About 40 mins to Everglades City.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 57Lulu
Reviewed March 20, 2011

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for. It was super clean, spacious and reasonably priced. It is off the major highway which makes it easy to get places. The staff was very friendly and helpful when we had questions. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Larlis
Reviewed March 14, 2011

It was a nice hotel. New. Clean. Spacious room. Staff very friendly. Good breakfast. Stayed with my wife and two older children (25 & 19). Everything was fine, EXCEPT the internet. Advertised as "free" wireless internet, which it was, but as my kids would say - you get what you pay for. It was probably the slowest connection of all time. I had a couple work emergencies so I was forced to use it. It was like dial up days. Probably was dial up, just horrible. I used my laptop and the business center computer, both bad. The business center computer was running on Windows 6. I mean, no one has updated or cared about the internet stuff there ever. This would be an easy, and inexpensive fix, I am guessing. This alone would make me not stay again. I would rather pay extra and get a fast connection, which I absolute must have for working while on vacation. Come on Marriott!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank vinceo1
Reviewed March 13, 2011

Typical excellent Marriott quality! The girl at the front desk was fantastic - very nice and friendly and helpful recommending a restaurant! I appreciate that. (I don't know her name but I checked in at around 5pm on 3/12.)

Super clean room, which was a suite. There's a frige/microwave, and little kitchen-type area. Living room area with desk and Internet connection (there is also fast wireless Internet). The sleeping area is separated from the living area and that's nice - the flat-screen TV is inbetween the two rooms. Nice bathroom - with the sink outside of it (nice).

Nothing at all bad to say. It's all good. The best is the location. Not really in downtown Naples; it's right off I-75 - very convenient. There's a Cracker Barrel, several gas stations, and a big Super Walmart within less than a mile. Farther down the road are grocery stores and restaurants. It's a few miles drive to the beach and more-populated Naples area.

The hotel is a tad on the pricey side; but, that's normal for Naples this time of year. It's hard to get a good rate at this time, but, you probably won't find anything cheaper and the hotel is worth it.

Oh, and the breakfast has plenty of stuff to eat, big area and is very clean and tidy. Very well done.

I have also stayed at the Fairfield Inn right next door and rated it the exact same. Both hotels get 5 stars from me.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank tczig
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Stayed 4 nights at the Springhill Suites and we were very happy with our accommodations. Welcoming and helpful front desk, well maintained breakfast, and comfortable suite. Less than 10 miles from Naples Pier and beach. Easy access to I-75 to get to the state park and for a day trip to Sanibel Island and Captiva.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple