“Great place to dine”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 996 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North Naples
Cross street: Vanderbilt Beach Road & Tamiami Trail North
Description: That other Naples, some 5,357 miles away, may boast a rich history of art and culture, but it has the misfortune of not being the Naples that is home to The Capital Grille. Lucky Neapolitans in Florida can satisfy their culinary cravings for dry aged steaks, fresh seafood and world-renowned wines without venturing beyond The Mercato.Buon appetito.
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My wife and I had dinner at the Capital Grille at the Mercato in Naples last night. It was our second trip in two years. When we lived in Michigan, we ate at the CG in Troy, Michigan many times over the years. On this visit, the steaks were perfectly done, salad was great, service and recommendations were all you could ask for in an upscale restaurant. We had a table in the main seating area and it is nice to watch the activity in a busy establishment. Noise level was fine, not too loud. Pace of service was very good, we never felt rushed. This Capital Grille is a great place.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We were celebrating my son's birthday. Service was slow and my wife's filet was over cooked. They agreed to cook another filet which we thought was great, however, it took over twenty minutes to get. By this time, the rest of the party was done eating and my wife had to hurry up and eat her $50.00 meal. Staff was not to concerned that our celebration was ruined. Overall the food was average at best. We had Ruth Chris the follow night and found the food and service much better.

1  Thank JeffK939
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice ambiance, tranquil rich masculine feeling place. Everything feels excellent, but the place in my estimation is overpriced. The serving size is ok, the quality of the food is very good, to say this is not a very good place to dine, would be not true. But, for the dollar are there equal or better? I say yes, but for you to judge.

2  Thank dwtjr
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Disclosure: I am not a fan of steakhouses. I don't drool over steak; not a fan of dark wood and interior architecture that says "fat cats eat here;" don't care for the stuffy solemnity and formality that hangs over the serving of, er, cow.

But it was my sister's birthday and she is a fan of The Capital Grille in NYC where she lives, so off we went. A friend joined us.

As we left, we all agreed that this evening was one of our best dining experiences! From the professionalism of our waiter, to the complimentary items befitting a birthday celebration, through all courses of our meal, and finally to the long-stem roses handed out to my female dinner guests, all was perfect. The details:

As noted, this was a birthday celebration for my sister. When I mentioned that to our waiter (Matthew), my sister chimed in with the fact that it was my birthday two days earlier. Without hesitation, Matthew treated our time at the table as a celebration of both birthdays.

Our celebration began with a complimentary champagne toast: three flutes of surprisingly decent champagne (not sparkling wine). Our orders were taken promptly and courteously and soon after an excellent bread basket was brought to the table. Every variety in that basket was delicious. While we waited for our main dishes, each of us were presented with a small dish of shrimp and roasted corn relish (also delicious and compliments of the chef!) Then came our entrees: a medium filet mignon for my sister (cooked exactly as explained); for my friend, a medium rare filet mignon special with gargonzola gently melted over the two 4 oz. cuts (also cooked exactly as ordered and explained) and served with garlic mashed potatoes; and for me, a chilean sea bass with shitakes and roasted tomatoes in mushroom broth. For sides, we ordered creamed spinach (blended with bechamel sauce with its slight hint of nutmeg) and roasted asparagus (roasted to perfect texture and drizzed with lemon and fleur de sel). Their meats were superb; my fish, sublime. And the accompanying mashed potatoes and vegetables befit the quality of the meat and fish cuts.

Rarely have I been so pleased with each item of a meal; quite rare that three diners would react with equal enthusiasm.

Our evening concluded with a complimentary desserts for my sister and me (which, of course, we shared with our friend): a light and flavorful cheesecake topped with fresh berries, and a flourless chocolate espresso cake topped with berries and whipped cream. Each dessert dish was beautifully presented and marked with a "happy birthday" drawn in chocolate. Definitely worth a picture -- two of which, of course, were included in the celebration package. Roses in hand, my guests left with smiles on their faces and satisfaction in the voices. As did I.

Our compliments to Matthew, our waiter. He was attentive but never instrusive; timed exquisitely the presentation of each element of the meal; and was truly gracious (and properly formal) in manner. Also compliments to the room layout: tables spaced far enough apart that quiet conversation was possible and claustrophobia avoided. And our finest compliments to the kitchen for a truly memorable meal. Perfect!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I admit that we are Capital Grille junkies. I have a sneaking suspicion that they lace their garlic mashed potatoes with crack. omg....yum! And I have literally had dreams about their chocolate cake. Not giving 5 stars because in my opinion, the NY and Mpls locations are way more consistent with their steaks....always perfect, but we have had a couple overcooked meals at the Naples location. I'm new to the area though and will definitely keep going back. (For more potato crack!)