“Good experience”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,023 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: North Naples
Cross street: Vanderbilt Beach Road & Tamiami Trail North
Description: That other Naples, some 5,357 miles away, may boast a rich history of art and culture, but it has the misfortune of not being the Naples that is home to The Capital Grille. Lucky Neapolitans in Florida can satisfy their culinary cravings for dry aged steaks, fresh seafood and world-renowned wines without venturing beyond The Mercato.Buon appetito.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I've eaten at several Capital Grille's and find them to be consistently good, and this one did not disappoint us. Our server was Dina and she was outstanding. The proscuitto wrapped mozzarella was fantastic as was the wedge salad with blue cheese and bacon. The only glitch was that I requested my filet be cooked medium and it showed up medium well on the ends and medium in the middle. I very, very rarely complain to a server about my food but in this case I did speak up. The server apologized offered to have another steak cooked for me, which I declined. The manager then stopped by and asked me again if I wished to have my steak replaced, which I declined again. I was told (without asking) that they cook their steaks at 1800 degrees and that it is difficult to get the steak cooked medium in the middle without overcooking the ends. Ahhhh... Well.... It may be time to get a different broiler!!! Anyway--Susan's ribeye was cooked perfectly, the side dishes were wonderful and the whole experience was very good. They did not charge for my steak, which I neither asked for nor felt comfortable with. All I wanted was for my steak to be cooked medium throughout so that Susan and I could enjoy our meal together... Again, the service was superb. I will eat here again.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Beautiful facility and great food but there are lots of places with good or better food. Valet parking is a pleasure.

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

We reserved a table for my hubby's birthday, and they far exceeded our expectations!
They had champagne, a photo, sparkles, and the best server named Kelly wait on us.
The lamb, and the Sirloin were superb.
They also bought us dessert. Cheesecake.
The night was wonderful, expensive, but well worth it..!
Go for any occassion. You will love it.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having had a so-so experience at Chops in Bonita last eek, my wife and I tried TheCapital Grill to kind of make up or the Chops experience.
What an excellent experience!

From the bartender who asked and remembered our names go Jesse, our extremely knowledgeable server.

The food prep was top notch, the service excellent. I'm just sorry we never thought to try the Capital Grill before.

Dine here with absolute confidence.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had referred friends of ours to our realtor who ultimately sold them a condo where we live in Naples, FL. As a thank you, our realtor took us to the Capital Grille for dinner on a recent Friday night. At 7 PM the place was perhaps half full and didn't get any fully for the three hours (yes, three hours) we were there. There is no view and the interior reminds me of a downtown Chicago or Cincinnati basement restaurant.

A host/waiter brought us complementary calamari and a glass of champagne. Nice, but the calamari was of poor quality and so spicy as to be inedible. Everything was a la carte and very expensive. I tried to hold the cost down but our realtor kept pushing us to try things. My wife had a filet and I had lamb chops. My wife said the filet was fine (who can hurt a filet?) and my lamb chops were also fine. However, I expected the side of garlic spinach ($12) to be cooked. It was simply unseasoned, uncooked spinach leaves on a dish with a couple of garlic cloves on top. The side of potatoes ($8, I think) were french fries stacked vertically in a dish.
They were overly salted and peppered and difficult to eat, although we tried for our realtor's sake. My wife had a garden salad which she later pronounced OK. The chocolate dessert was very good.

They have two wine lists. Fifty or so wines as part of the menu and a separate menu of "specialty" (read ridiculously expensive) wines. We ordered a safe pinot noir from Washington state which is available in grocery stores for $11. It was $44. Welcome to Naples.

We had what my wife and I call a "helicopter" waiter. You know, one that comes over every five minutes to ask if you need anything or to convey some information that only he thinks is important about what you are eating. Yes, it's lamb, filet, french fries and spinach. We've had them before. We're trying to conduct some business here. Go away.

For some reason, since I am a CPA, people ask me to check the bill as if the computer can't add. With a 15% tip, the total for three people was $288 and the appetizers was free! We have eaten at the Capital Grille in Miami and it was far better and far less expensive.

1  Thank J Richard H