“Beware of extra charges. Poor for the Price”

Edgewater Beach Hotel
Ranked #12 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nice beach and welcoming staff. Hotel have poor amenities for the price. I spent $600 per night -It's no worth the money. Small lobby sharing the space with the dining area,right at the entrance, there is no space to stay in the lobby neither privacy for customers in the dinning area. Poor entrance. Restaurant is expensive for the food selection. DO NOT TOUCH THE TV please! they will charge you for a simple cartoon show,or any other show that pop up when you turn the TV on. They do not advise that any single show you zap will be charged. They charged me 122.35 for shows. Really? I called the hotel the same day after the check out and they told me that I ORDERED movies and shows (which involves going into a process) Someone tried to explain me that if you order one movie and then decide do not watch it ( which is ridiculous) and you move to other channels , the hotel automatically will charge you for all the rest of shows and movies you watch complete or not until you turn the TV off (?) . WHAT?
I never heard this in my life. I never went to a process of ordering a show or movie, much less the system show me the price. Get ready to pay 25.00 for a show or disney movie than other hotels offer for free. They refused to remove charges. This is so ridiculous as hotels charging for WIFI. A hotel that's charging $600 a night can find a way to get you free family TV.
If the Hotel does pretend to make a succulent business from the use of TV in rooms, They should advise to customers by sticking a note on each room about How they will charge the use of the TV, instead pushing charges thru dirty business practice. The only thing they will not charge are commercials and news. Amazing!
There are other great Resorts and Hotels options for this price.

6  Thank vivian v
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I was so disappointed to read your review however am glad that you were able to speak with a member of our management staff. As promised, the erroneous charges have been removed. I hope that this will restore your faith in us and that you might allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Just sitting here pool side enjoying day two at the Edgewater. I'm so impressed with the renovations. Our 2/2 suite is HUGE, clean and new. Farm sink in the kitchen, wood floors, new carpet, new sectional couch, nice linens. The master has a walk in closet big enough for a twin bed. (They should have made the bathroom bigger and closet smaller.)

The finishes throughout the hotel are first class. You won't find a brown leaf on any plant, as the grounds are manicured to perfection. The entire staff has been extremely friendly and accommodating. Special thanks to Jackson and Christopher on the beach, Kathleen at the inside bar and Greg at the pool bar. Food and drinks have been delicious.

Although this is Spring Break and there are many families here with young kids, the Edgewater is a more sophisticated, boutique style hotel, that is more adult friendly. Be prepared for $25/day resort fee, $25 for beach umbrella, $5 ice cream bars and no kids camp or kids pool.

We came for relaxation and good service. Thank you Edgewater for exceeding our expectations. We'll be back.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for your glowing review of the Edgewater Beach Hotel. You touched on nearly all of the aspects of the guest experience that we focus on and strive to consistently enhance; from the sparkling clean rooms to stunning public spaces, delicious food and beverage offerings and most importantly the friendly service provided by the staff. Thank you especially for recognizing several of our team members by name...they will be so excited to read your comments.

We’re glad that you found the relaxation and enjoyment that you were looking for and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I just returned from 5 nights in a beach-front suite at this hotel. It is ideal for a family vacation. The beach and the two pools are literally at your doorstep. Families with kids and beach toys are abundant. The kitchenette in the room was extremely convenient. The food at the pool side restaurant is tasty, but the room service is overpriced and not good. (I had a terrible Caesar salad that cost close to $20.) Beware that the hotel charges a resort fee for every night -- it adds up. So annoying - why trick us into paying more each night? Just include it in the hotel room fee! The hotel could really benefit from having a few more perks for adults --- for goodness sake, offer free coffee all morning! They only offer free coffee from 6-7am then they charge. There are coffee makers in the rooms but it's not good coffee. It can be loud because of all the families -- I had to sleep with my patio doors closed because I could hear teenagers talking on the beach.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and I'm so pleased that you found the Edgewater to be a great family vacation spot. We are fortunate to have such a spectacular location, and in turn aim to make each part of your visit as enjoyable as the direct pool and beach access. I am pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience pool side and will be sure to further investigate where we feel short with the in room dining. As you noted, we do charge a daily resort fee which includes daily in-room bottled water, wireless internet, complimentary self parking, pool and beach towel service as well as complimentary use of the beach chairs on our private beach. We often hear that many of our guests find our resort fee represents a good value in comparison to other properties in the area.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Loved this small hotel, originally checked in for 3 nights and extended 3 more. Location on the beach perfect. We did not eat at the hotel, just too many locations downtown we wanted to try. Service was great, conceriege took care of all our dinner reservations, front desk very helpful, pool and beach staff also on their game. We were so happy having "kitchen" facilities and found the suite very large and very well furnished. We will be back...

Room Tip: I'd try for the low rise beach front units vs the tower, unless you can get on the upper floors...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you so much for such a positive review of the Edgewater Beach Hotel! We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service from so many areas of the hotel. Edgewater's unique location directly on the beach, yet away from public access, allows for quite the intimate feel. Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us, our team will thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel is very charming. Not so much curb appeal, we almost missed it. The lobby is great. They greeted us with champagne and friendly service. The room was good with a great view of the water. Waves crashing put us to sleep at night. No DVD player was our only negative. The pool was not too busy. We were pleasantly impressed with Naples.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thea B
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for your positive review of the Edgewater Beach Hotel. I am so pleased to read about your warm welcome and that you were able to drift off to sleep to the relaxing sounds of the gulf. We hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has location on it's side. Besides that, the rooms need a major over haul with an interior designer. They look like someone went shopping at a flea market and just threw it all together. Not a top of the line hotel at all, they just try to give that impression.
Prior to staying I called to ask if there were sleeper sofas and was told no but when we arrived there was a sleeper sofa. Not sure why I was told that.
On top of an extra daily "resort fee" ( for water, wifi, coffee and daily paper of 25 dollars) they also charge you for umbrellas at the beach. $25 dollars a day to use an umbrella!!! I'm not cheap but the room already cost $2200 for 4 days! Don't nickel and dime me... just put it in the price of the room!
During most of our stay the room was not cleaned until about 2:30 in the afternoon and when it was we had to call front desk for replacement coffee and sugar.... never did get the sugar but housekeeping was surely looking for a tip for the delivery.
So, over all I'd say... stay here for an average stay but if your looking for more book at the Ritz.

Room Tip: beach front or bust!
2  Thank tao2sol

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us here at Edgewater Beach Hotel. I am sorry that you did not find the experience up to your expectations.

We do appreciate your acknowledging our perfect location. I am sorry that your thoughts on other parts of the hotel were not as welcoming. We are continuously working to update the hotel and your comments regarding the room furnishings are noted. I do apologize that you did not find the resort fee and beach concessions of good value as we strive to remain competitive with other Naples beachfront hotels. I will be sure to investigate your concerns with regards to the housekeeping service and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you'll give us another opportunity to show you what a great and memorable experience staying at the Edgewater can be!

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have been coming annually to the Edgewater for nearly 20 years. The last couple years the property had really slipped. We thought we would give it one more try because we heard there were new owners. Our decision was a good one because what we found was the "old" Edgewater. It began with the welcome from the bellboy who escorted us to the front desk. The staff was friendly and welcoming. We enjoyed having lunch around the pool and dinner on the balcony. The proximity to the beach is the best. We walked the beach each morning and evening. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Edgewater Beach Hotel and I am so pleased that your most recent stay with us was a positive one. We are so appreciative of our loyal guests and I am so happy to hear that your loyalty will continue.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!