“wonderful place and staff”

Edgewater Beach Hotel
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in Naples
Naples, Florida
“wonderful place and staff”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have been wowed since arriving, starting Paulie's greeting and service. The front desk people are warm comfortable and competent
Room's very clean, and they kept them that way every day. The quality of the furniture and fixtures are much more then we expected. No charge for internet that we where hosed 10 $ per day the week before in Naples.
Beach lounges and towels no charge, but hefty fees for umbrellas and especially cabanas. Luke and all of the other beach personnel where marvelous and remembered our names every day.
Food service quality and staff where outstanding, we looked forward to lunch by the pool every day to be severed and almost entertained by these warm and very friendly people.
This all sounds like hyperbolae but we where really impressed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your positive review and I am so pleased to hear about your wonderful experience. I will be sure to recognize the staff for providing you with superior service. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Beautiful suites, great view of the Gulf, lovely, calm beach, super location conveniently located within minutes of fine dining and shopping. Garage parking and washer/dryers. Can't wait for our next visit!

Room Tip: Recommend staying in the tower, Gulf of Mexico view. Spacious, king suite with well-equipped kitchen...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura R, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. I am so pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Exeter, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Huge suite! Clean and newly renovated, brand new rugs. Great for families - went with 2 teens - yet if I wasn't with kids I wouldn't feel the family atmosphere was too much. Location was safe and the beach beautiful. Service was great. Parking could be a nightmare but they do offer valet service and we always managed to find that last spot. It is an older property and they probably will have to do a massive reno - windows, sliders barely opened, exterior stucco, etc. "Lipstick on a pig" kept coming to mind if you looked closely but they did a good job with the cosmetics.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank RomanSanta
Eric W, Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your most recent stay with us. I am glad you found your suite to be spacious and clean. We do know that parking can be challenging at times but of course will always provide valet parking if you prefer not to hassle with parking your own vehicle. The hotel will be continuing in its improvements as the year goes on and we look forward to being able to welcome you once again.
Auburn, NY
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I were reluctant to book this hotel because of some of the reviews. In order to ensure the room we wanted to book (gulf front not gulf view). I called the hotel and they said none were available however, I could book one online. I called the hotel and asked for the manager. Eric took my call and we discussed my concern and he told me he would make sure he watched for our reservation. He emailed me to get my confirmation number! We arrived at the hotel and were in the room we booked. The staff was very friendly and professional. Pauli and Sam the pool bartender were two we enjoyed. The pool bartenders were great and the food was as well. Our kitchen light went out and someone fixed it within a half hour.
The beach was fantastic and we enjoyed the adult lap pool. The hotel is under new management (Oceans) and I believe they are fixing the bad reviews by previous guests under the old management. You get what you ask for so be proactive. If there's something you don't like bring it to their attention.

Room Tip: I would book a top floor room. We did hear little pitter patter of feet and chairs moving on the fl...
1 Thank lovethecaribbean23
Thank you for your review. I am glad that we were able to provide you a great vacation. It is truly our friendly and professional staff that makes Edgewater such a great boutique experience. I will surely mention your comments to Paulie and Sam regarding their exceptional service. I am so glad you enjoyed our beach and pool facilities. It is such a beautiful setting being on the beautiful Gulf od Mexico. Please let me know if there is anything I can personally do to assist you in the future. We look forward to your next visit!
Davie, Florida
Reviewed February 21, 2014

The staff was incredibly friendly from the front desk to the beach attendants, I give them kudos for hiring as you cannot teach people to be friendly. That being said they need to work on the service portion which was lacking. I sat at the pool high tops where several servers walked past me for 5 minutes before I finally waved someone down. Service after that was fine. The food a lobster chorizo quesadilla was blue cheese kettle chips were excellent but pricey add 3 house margaritas and our bill was $74! Wonder if they dropped the prices would they sell more? Not too many people eating. We had dinner at the restaurant and the prices seemed reasonable for dinner and my sea bass was wonderful. Again the service piece not so good, our table was rocky and I could tell the server noticed but did nothing or offered to move us, there were only 3 other tables in the restaurant at that time as we ate later. Many tables next to us sat dirty through most our meal. My husband's steak was over cooked and not prepared with an alternate sauce as he had ordered. We would have asked to have changed by our server did not return for the standard 2 minute 2 bite check back, as a matter of fact she didn't check back until the end of our meal. We ordered espresso and mine was Luke warm but again no check back. It seemed like everyone was tired and wanted to go home from the rush. I will give her kudos for being friendly.
Our room was in the tower and was very nice, clean and well decorated. On the down side it took 15 minutes to get hot water in the shower and the heat wouldn't come on. We are floridians so when it is 60 at night we turn our heat on! The hallways were freezing even out of towers commented on the coldness must have been 65. The kitchen was large and nicely equipped but with the renovations they must have taken the stoves out as it was to much counter space for there to be nothing there. The balconies were small but we were able to have 2 chairs and a table out there. The bed was very comfortable. There was only 1 dresser with very small drawers can't imagine staying there more than a night or two due to space.
Most of the property was very tight with the kids pool separated from the adult pool by tables and chairs. The beach was very nice and you could have a complimentary chair but had to pay for an upgrade or umbrella. There was also a nice fire pit that overlooked the beach.
The location was great, easy access from Naples close to shopping mall, restaurants and a big grocery store.
Don't know if we would stay there again but only because we like our privacy, would say it is a great place for families.

Room Tip: The tower rooms were renovated but we said when bringing kids might stay in the other buildings on t...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the candid review. I am glad to hear all the staff members you encountered were friendly but am concerned in hearing about the service issues you mention. I will surely mention your comments to our management team as we are constantly working to improve the quality of our service and product for our guests. Thank you for your business and we look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the future.
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We just spent four days and three nights at Edgewater (Feb 14-17,2014). Having travelled frequently, we both agreed that the staff here was second to none!! Chris at check-in, Debra, and Paulie made our trip unforgettable. All three went the extra mile to insure our day trips, lunches, and dinners were perfect for us!! In Naples, I do not think you could ask for a better location with proximity to shopping, dining and most importantly THE BEACH. Our room was spacious, comfortable and more than expected. Though we travelled without children, this hotel is perfect for families as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would hardly consider another hotel for a return visit to Naples.

1 Thank Roberta T
Eric W, Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to give us such a nice review. The hotel truly is an amazing beachfront oasis and it is our staff that makes the difference. I will surely pass on and commend Chris, Paulie, and Debra for the quality service they provided to you. We hope to see you again soon!
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We have been bringing our children and grandchildren to the Edgewater for a number of winters. Two and three bedroom suites on the beach have been the attraction. A friendly staff has survived a sale from a Waldorf to an iPreferred hotel group and seem reenergized. They have attended to some critical items early like replacement of doors and windows and supplemented furniture. There is much work to be done to elevate it to a top facility in Naples, but it can be done. I hope they are serious about resurrecting it. In the meantime, enjoy the staff, the beach, good restaurant and fun bar at the pools. Pet peeve is competing with staff for limited parking places which must be solved.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us. I am glad you have found the Edgewater to be your home away from home when in the Naples area. We are always looking to improve of our services and facilities and am glad you enjoyed the recent enhancements. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed the use of the beach, pools, bars and the service from our amazing team. We are looking into ways to improve the parking here at the hotel and appologize for any issues you experienced. We look forward to hosting your family for years to come.