Edgewater Beach Hotel
Doubletree.com
$329
$205
Official Website
Bayfront Inn 5th Ave(Naples)(Great Value!)
$119
$747
$589
RitzCarlton.com
  • Beachfront
Inn of Naples(Naples)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Restaurant
$289
  • Beachfront
1,036 results
All reviewsbeach staffcoast restaurantcookies and milkpool bargulf viewresort feebedroom suitefull size fridgepaddle boardsocean frontspring breakbeach umbrellasan umbrellabeautiful beachfire pitbottled waterlounge chairs
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Our 6 day stay at The Edgewater was lovely. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. While not a "five star hotel," our suite had been remodeled and was newly furnished and freshly painted. The grounds are nicely kept, and food is fine. If you are traveling with a family you can stock your kitchenette (no stove but does have microwave). Upon arrival the bellman told us that the hotel had been sold by The Waldorf Group to a private hotel group. Supposedly more changes are coming. It's hard to beat the Edgewater's location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Travelfam8
Eric W, Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad you came to enjoy the size of our suites and of course our positioning just steps to the beach adn a short drive to Olde Naples cant be beat. I am glad you found your suite to be of nice decor and and well maintained. We strive to be the premier beachfront all suite hotel in Naples. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This past August, I enjoyed my fourth stay at this hotel. My friend and I book an annual trip here because the location is fantastic, and the beach is just gorgeous.

The rooms do need some work, but we were happy to receive our requested two-bedroom beachfront, that while not renovated, was at least "freshened up" recently. I tend to overlook problems with the room because the view out to the sparkling sea is outstanding.

While I missed seeing the usual old beach staff - each time we go, there seem to be fewer familiar faces - the staff is perfectly pleasant.

We'll be back again next year because even with some issues noted in other reviews, this is still the best place to stay in Naples, in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CatKnapp11
Eric W, Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear you love our beachfront location and our pleasant staff. We are continuing to make improvements to the hotel so I am sure you will find the hotel improved on your return. We look forward to welcoming you back for years to come!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Booked an ocean front room for a special occasion. The two room suite was immaculate. Comfortable furniture and bed. Lots of storage space in the bed, bath and kitchen. Bath was a little cramped. Kitchen had a minimal set of pots, pans, plates, etc. but enough for 2 to get by. Service is very good. Nice pools and direct access to the white sand beach.

Good news, the beach has just had a full restoration. Bad news, we were there when it happened. Hotel failed to adequately communicate the extent of the work being done or the inconvenience. No notification before arrival and a downplayed notice at check in. They were very accommodating with a rate adjustment after an explanation of my displeasure.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are worth the extra $$. Most other rooms have a partial water view. No elevators in the rooms toward the water so plan for the stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NotFarAway
Eric W, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the great size of our beachfront suites and the attentive and friendly service of our team. As you mentioned, the beach is now fully renourished. I appologize that there was a lack of communication to you prior to your arrival. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Do not let the nice looking lobby fool you. We walked in the room and immediately smelled mold. You could even see mold behind the glass on a picture hanging on the wall. Furniture old and beat up. Floor and sofa were filthy.Spent in the room 5 minutes and something bit me twice. I was afraid to walk into the bathroom so can't comment on it. We usually look at rooms before we even check in. Did not do it this time since this is not what we expected from a $300 room. Big mistake. We are not neat freaks but what we saw would probably scare away anyone. Granted I expressed my concerns to a person at the front desk and they canceled the reservation without any problems.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank martable

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for your most recent stay with us. I appologize for the issues you experienced with the cleanliness of the suite in which you arrived into. The hotel is currently undergoing an enhancement project in the suites of the hotel which will improve the overall quality of the suites. We hope that you will consider the Edgewater again when visiting the Naples area. Please feel free to reach out to me for personal assistance in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Attentive and gracious staff. All smile and welcoming even 2 weeks after a recent buy out. They claim there will also be an $8mil renovations planned over next year. The place is a great getaway for a small conference. Never been sorry to arrive at there shores. Will be back

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Caroline S
Eric W, General Manager at Edgewater Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for the great review! It is truly the gracious, engaging team of Edgewater that makes us stand out from the other hotels in Naples. I am glad you have chosen the hotel for your meeting needs and hope you can return soon for some personal time in the lovely Naples weather.