“Great food & fast service”
Review of Pincher's

Pincher's
Ranked #71 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from eating at pincher's great food,fast service our server was Emily she was very nice. Atmosphere was great water side deck service to a marina right at tin city.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,181)

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've eaten in this Pinchers a couple of times in the past a few years ago. I remember we had an enjoyable meal and great service. Not so, this time and the lack of diners on Easter evening when most other restaurants were closed, confirmed a possible problem when we entered. First I have to say I love the atmosphere here on the dock on a canal in Tin City in Naples; a little tourist trap to buy souvenirs and walk about. Our waitress was a happy gal so no complaints about her attitude, but she was MIA most of the time. But the food was close to awful and or cold with very few exceptions. First the milkshakes were tasty but arrived without whipped cream as shown on the menu. The waitress took 30 minutes to come back to the table with our appetizers and to be told of the lack of whipped cream. My raw oysters were shucked, seemed fresh, but gritty and one shell had no oyster in it. My son's crab and cheese dip was solidified and cold, i mean frozen instead of warm and melty. Cheese holds the heat so you have to wonder how long it sat in the back before being brought to the table or was it under- microwaved? He said parts of it were frozen. I tasted it and it didn't taste like crab and cheese it just tasted like cheese. Their motto is "you can't fake fresh"- I couldn't agree more.. My daughter ate her salad but had half a bite of her Boom Boom Shrimp and left the rest, it had an off-taste she wasn't willing to risk. While my Sautéed garlic soft shell crab was perfectly seasoned it was cold and so were my green beans and mashed potatoes. Same held true for the French fries on son's dish, I've never tasted or seen worse, we are talking the consistency of old fashioned cement nail spikes. His buffalo shrimp were also cold and distasteful. Which brings me to my husbands choice of Stone crab claws, thankfully he didn't get food poisoning but his stomach was grumbling and the pain was so gripping on the way home we couldn't help but laugh at his expressions of pain as these crabs coursed through his belly. A lot of good flora and TLC at home settled his belly down, finally. We were so disappointed. Especially because we often go to the Pinchers up by the airport in Ft. Myers and have never been disappointed. Go there for the drinks or a milkshake, go somewhere else to eat.

3  Thank Susan L
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Food was good, but not amazing. I'm not a grumpy customer, but the service was not there. I think they need to double their wait staff. The food was slow coming, and our waiter went about 30 minutes between visits, this was a little frustrating because he was at the table for 10 beside us every 5 minutes. And he was a MASTER at "make no eye contact". Crab cake was very respectable, but I won't be back.

PinchersCrabShack, Division Manager at Pincher's, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Thank you for the compliments on the food and I apologize for the lack of service. No excuses for poor service and thank you for the feedback. I take all feedback very serious and use these as training tools. Please come back and see us again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here in our way back to Marco Island and had. the best blue crabs. Super full crabs and outstanding service!

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Very casual and comfy. Busy but we were comfortable. Food is superb. Seafood was excellent. Drinks are good and priced OK. Servers are helpful and friendly. We hit 3 of the Pincher's and will go back to any one them. The same Theme runs through all locations.