“First Taste of Cuban Food”

Fernandez The Bull Cuban Cafe & Bar
Ranked #72 of 987 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is the new Fernandez the Bull located at the North East corner of Pine Ridge Road and Livingston Road.
Huntingburg, IN
“First Taste of Cuban Food”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My daughter steered us to this location and the food was delightful! My wife is not very adventuresome but she thoroughly enjoyed it as well. Service was good and we shared four different Cuban sandwiches for lunch. I highly recommend

• Visited October 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great Cuban Sandwich”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I love a good Cuban sandwich and Fernandez the Bull has a great one. When we came back to Naples, this restaurant was on my list to visit again. I wasn't disappointed. The Cuban was great and made even better when served with black beans and rice. My husband had the steak salad and loved it. It's a great reasonably priced place to eat.. I will go back again next time I'm in town.

• Visited October 2013
Naples, Florida
“Was torn about the rating and wanted to go higher but can't”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Ok, here is the deal. I LOVE this restaurant. It is a fantastic value, the pollo ala cubano is crazy good, as is the lechon asado. I eat here regularly for lunch and take out for dinner occasionally.
The problem is they are wicked inconsistent. Sometimes half the chicken is so overlooked it's not edible. I don't even care, it's worth the risk for me. I think the pre cook and then heat up because my lunches have never been good but I open up my take home for dinner about 50% of the time and is bad, or something is wrong or missing or all three. My fault for not checking before I leave...
I do recommend to anyone though. Caveat emptor!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank R A
Naples, Florida
“I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I absolutely love Fernandez the Bull. I probably eat there at least a couple of times a week and I have never had poor service or food. The Cuban Sandwich is not your "traditional" Cuban, but it is so much better in my opinion. Also, the Lechon Asado is amazing. Whenever I am in there probably half of the customers have it in front of them. The Mariquitas and Sweet Plantains are also big winners in my opinion.

They have two locations in Naples. The older, South location is located near the Naples Airport and in an older strip mall so it shows a bit of age. The newer North location off of Immokolee Road is probably a better representation of the brand.

I read the review that mentioned the "auto-gratuity." I have never personally experienced anything like that and I asked around to all my friends and family and none of them have ever had that experience either.

• Visited September 2013
Naples, Florida, United States
“Great Food and Service!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My family and I love this restaurant. They are great at maintaining their food quality and service. We recently visited the restaurant at the north location and again they did not disappoint us. The servers were friendly and willing to answer our questions (and we had many questions).

We ordered their roast pork dinner, ropa vieja (shredded steak in tomato sauce) and Chimi Chicken Sandwich and sweet plantains. The dinner comes with black beans & rice and they are enough for 4. We pretty much did it a family style by sharing them. Don't forget to ask for their famous HOT SAUCE, it spiced the meal up!
Don't judge them by the not-so-good reviews, Try them yourselves. My family and I are not foodies, we just enjoyed great food and good service.

• Visited September 2013