“Simple, Cuban-style food, relaxed atmosphere”

Fernandez The Bull Cuban Cafe & Bar
Ranked #97 of 1,012 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is the new Fernandez the Bull located at the North East corner of Pine Ridge Road and Livingston Road.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant on Airport-Pulling Road (there's another off Immokalee Road, in North Naples) serves a variety of dishes inspired by the Cuban culinary tradition. The fare is unpretentious, hearty, and the generous portions are reasonably priced by Naples standards. Everything from moros y cristianos (black beans and rice) and tostones (flattened, deep-fried plantains) to palomilla steak. The medianoche sandwich is fabulous and perfect for a lighter lunch. Don't let the strip-mall setting deter you; the service is friendly -- the waitresses seem happy to speak Spanish with you if you initiate the conversation, but they are all fluent in English as well. The laid-back atmosphere seems to extend to the staff, and it was my impression that they enjoy working there. Fernández the Bull deserves a look-see; I predict you'll go back.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I ordered take out from thes place and it tastes like someone's Grandmama is in their kitchen...LOL...I am a Cuban from Key West and never have I encountered such a fision of the Latin spices and food as these guys pull off...Better than any Cuban Restaurant in Key West or Miami..these Cubans go it going on...sabroso !!!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went to the South Nalples location. Was sceptical at first after seeing the location (on a strip mall), but it was a great experience. Food was very good and tasty. Not your everyday meats. We had the steak and the pulled pork. Both delicious. Even the sides - black bean soup and potato - were very good. And def try the homemade flan - hands down the best. Plus, all was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Well, I have not been to this restaurant in several years, but remembered this melt in your mouth steak that I thought was lightly breaded. The word Bistec was included in the name of it. But I ordered what I tought was that and got this huge deep fried cube steak. I didn't care for it. I did love the black beans and rice and plantains. My husband loved his chicken dinner. My Step son didn't like his cuban sandwich and took the pork pout of it. He was used to pork sandwich meat type of cuban sandwich and this had like a pull pork that was kind of greasy. The service was good and the place was real clean. I hope to try it again and get something else.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

First time here for us...had dinner at the north location....didn't know what to expect, being from Argentina myself but the bean soup was delicious as was the side salad with vinegar dressing...my wife had the surf and turf while I had the paella...both were served steaming hot and both were tasty...I must say that the paella had too much rice....overall, it was a satisfying meal and we'll come back to try the many selections that sounded great...