“Real deal”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed January 25, 2014

For starters, the family running thus authentic taqueria could not be more earnest or delightful. It is a great value. I knocked it down one star for one reason only - the chips were not fresh and not warmed up. The guacamole was also bland. But the ceviche was superb as was the al pastor tacos. Our margaritas were the real deal. Tart, salty and not too sweet. They are located right near the Naples Botanical garden which is worth a trip. I would absolutely go back.

1  Thank esemmes

Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I have had street tacos fr Mexico; this is far from it. We ordered pork, steak, snd chicken tacos and shrimp quesadilla too. Only the pork taco was good. Carne asada taco was scary to eat and just not edible....chicken taco was bland. Pork was ok. Shrimp quesadilla was ok. I live in Naples Park and i think it wasnt worth the drive. Atmosphere was close to being in Mexico though...will not go back and do not recommend. Sorry guys

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Authentic Mexican fare is what you will find here. You are not going to get "chips and salsa" here. It is a taco stand with some tables. $2.00 tacos! $3.00 with fresh AVOCADO slices. The tacos are piled high with the meat of your choice and hard or soft shells. I had three of the $3.00 chicken soft tacos and it was great. Awesome meal for $9.00.

1  Thank koko0707
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place is authentic, cheap and cheerful and most importantly delicious! A variety of tacos, tostadas and other smallish eats are offered in a no frill environment. The waitress was doing double duty as hostess, waitress and bartender (so maybe triple duty) and the guys in the back making the tacos were having a great time. The interior reminds me of the side-of-the-road joints in Mexico and frankly I knew it was good when it was full of locals and return customers. My favourite tacos were the beef and chicken, followed by the sausage and shrimp tostada. The pork was a little dry for my liking but that's small pickings across an otherwise fun meal. Don't come here and expect this to be Chili's .... case and point some of the reviewers below me. It's not!

Free wifi was a perk.... and the margaritas were the best in town.

1  Thank interpolation
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This restaurant does not even have chips and salsa. The waitress gave us part of shell to try to use as a "chip." The cheap tacos were nasty, no flavor. I wanted an authentic experience. This was not good. The place was like a fast food joint. Can you believe no chips and salsa, hello? We joke with our kids about going back, they are please, no!