“Why are the in business???”
Review of South Street Grill

South Street Grill
Ranked #236 of 989 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A Philadelphia based concept, specializing in light Italian, fresh brick oven pizza and of course, Philly Cheesesteaks. We offer a full bar with 45 seats, in addition to a full service dining room. Locally known for our selection of Craft Beers, featuring **54** taps, the largest selection of Craft Beers in SWFL!
Naples, Florida
“Why are the in business???”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived at what we thought would be a busy time, 6pm on a Saturday night, during snow bird season. We should have taken the hint and left. Busy time of the year and fairly empty maybe 50% of capacity.

There were three of us and we were seated prompty. We ordered an app to split, which never materialized and with no explaination from our waitress Shaina. All she said was that the kitchen was backed up. Really? While eating our salads the waitress brought my Fra Diablo and my wife got her shrimp-less alfredo dish (was supposed to have shrimp on it). My father in law got a pizza about 10 minutes later. During this time Shaina seemed to be very busy talking with anouther table, and walking around in an apparent daze. Once the pizza arrived we mentioned the shrimpless dish and it was re-fired. Shaina then comp'd me a beer and my wife got the shrimp comp'd. A nice touch.

While eating our mains, the host (who looked like a high school aged kid, barely said a word when we were seated nor cracked a smile - great first impression, started cleaning the table next to ours and sprayed cleaning solution in the direction of our table. He gave a sheepish grin and continued to wipe the table. The tables are so close together one needs to move a table to get off the bench seating at the edge.

The web page says they have been open since 2007 or so. Hard to beleive they have lasted this long. Sounds like some one is running a business that needs a loss on the books. The web pages also indicated dedication to customer service. Hard to beleive after reading the other reviews and our experience.

Problem #1: Zero timing in the kitchen.
Problem #2: Zero training for the serving staff.

Must be that the owner can not afford training for the help or the help does not stick around long enough. Hiring experienced staff is likely not an option.

The good: Decent selection of beers. Food was ok for the price. The place did appear clean - but that could be from lack of a steady flow of customers.

The bad: Probably the worst customer service experience I have had in many years. After reading the other reviews I guess this is how the place is supposed to be run. Part of their brand?

Would I go back - doubtful. Go anywhere but here unless you just going for the beer,

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank NEtraveler999

massachusetts
“Food is good, service needs improvement”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Went for dinner last night. Overall the place is very attractive, decor, cleanliness, and selections of draft beers were great. We arrived at 6pm on a Saturday night and were seated right away, it did fill up while we were there. Our server was very polite, but I really think she needs some more time to be good at it. We ordered beverages and she gave us a few minutes to look over the menu. Upon her return we ordered the pretzel app and my Dad ordered chowder. She also took our main course orders. I spoke up and stated that please be sure we get the app/chowder/salads first as this is a pet peeve of mine with servers who bring everything at once. She said no problem. So the chowder and salads came first and 5 minutes later the entrees came out for myself and my husband. My Dad's pizza was not ready yet and the pretzel app she graciously said she would cancel seeing it was not ready before the entrees. I orderd the fettucini alfredo with shrimp and there was no shrimp. While I was finishing my salad I tried to get her attention to tell her the entree was not what I ordered and she was talking with another table for quite a while and finally I was able to catch her eye. She came over and said I know the pizza you are waiting for is not ready it should be soon, I said actually, the entree I ordered is not the one you brought me, she appoligized and had the kitchen make me a new order. Also she brought my husband a free draft for the inconvenience. I thought that was nice but a bit odd that he gets a free draft and I had the wrong meal?? Anyway, she finally brought my Dad's pizza and then my new entree. She was missing from the diningroom for long periods of time and I had to ask the busboy for a togo box for my leftovers.

Overall, the food was good but the service needs work. This place could really be great with the right management team to assure that the staff is trained properly.

• Visited January 2013
“Better last year”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Had the rib special. Disappointed. Had them several times before. Too much rub and sauce. Great place though. Best selection of beer on Naples

Florida
“Great location for such a poor restaurant”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I was asked to go for a meeting but had heard mixed reviews. It is not a good place for meeting or talking.I don't understand why the music would be so loud during the day.The food was boring, not my type of food.the service was about as average.The waitress didn't even look at us when she brought our food and I never got the extra plate I asked for, all for $15 salad.Could have got a good salad sown the street!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank puravidaFlorida
Naples, Florida
“Theme devolping with rude service”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Get the right people the experience might be o.k. Problem is the right people stand in contrast to the owner`s 10th grade mentality. With that against you Good luck. We had a similar experience to the guy who was cussed out by the owner. read his experience, it comes real close to ours. Deceit pizza is not worth the hassel !!!!

• Visited August 2012