“Uniquely Florida”

and up
All Day Lake Trafford Fishing Trip near Naples
Ranked #5 of 126 things to do in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary is a 13,000 acre Preserve. The Sanctuary is open daily from 7-5:30 with last admission at 4:30 pm. Visitors will find a gentle, pristine wilderness that dates back more than 500 years. A 2.25 mile boardwalk meanders through pine flatwoods, wet prairie, around a marsh and finally into the largest old growth Bald Cypress forest in North America. These impressive trees, relatives of the redwood, tower 130 feet into the sky and have a girth of 25 feet. Their massive branches are draped with mosses, lichens, bromeliads and ferns. The forest is also home to alligators, otters, white-tailed deer and red-bellied turtles. A wide variety of wading birds, songbirds, raptors and the fabulous Painted Bunting can be seen throughout the year. Photo opportunities are available at every turn of the boardwalk trail.
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Again it is unique to this area We are the only people that have a corkscrew. The birds, the folliage, the swamp it is all so beautiful Its peaseful nut in some ways exciting. I don't go often but when I do I cant wait to go back

1  Thank buitus

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Visited in Oct so water level was high. Very relaxing walk at your own pace on a nice boardwalk. Can choose between a mile or two and half mile stroll thru tropical and beautiful ancient cypress trees. Due to water level saw little wildlife, however, I truly feel that crocodiles, many bird varieties, butterflies, snakes and other critters reside in this area of over 13,000 acres. Very friendly and knowledgable staff. Tons of parking, strollers and wheelchairs available if needed. Cost is $12 for adults and children are less. Reasonable annual pass is available if multiple visits are anticipated. If you enjoy natural beauty and do not require fast paced adventure, this stop is recommended, probably more than once, as I suspect the experience varies on each visit.

2  Thank FRmboy
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We were not impressed. It was very hot and all we saw were a lot of bugs. We didn't need to pay $48.00 to do that. The girl at the desk told me the time of day we were there was a bad time to see the wildlife. If that is the case, they should not be open in the afternoon. We are sorry we wasted the afternoon. I'd like my money back!

1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had been to Corkscrew years ago. I loved it then and still do. I took my daughter and grandson this time around. It was hot the day we went but there were plenty of places to sit and cool off. They also have wheelchairs available for those that can't make the full 2.2 mile walk on the boardwalk.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

While we encourage our visiting friends and relatives to go here and often accompany them, I want to comment on how accessible the 2.5 mile boardwalk is. Twelve years ago we took my fragile late mother there, when she was sure she wasn't up to such a long walk. We took along a wheel chair and easily pushed her along the boardwalk. After she protested on and on about how difficult pushing her must be, I sat in the wheel chair had had her push me for 50 feet. I weighed twice as much as her. When she observed how easy it was to push me, we traded places again, and she was able to enjoy this incredibly rich natual resource. This is a treasured memory.

1  Thank Geronimo48