“A touch of old Florida - we stopped for lunch”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Naples
Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2013

You don't see many of these motel/inns in Southwest Florida anymore this close to the Beach. It has retained the character as it was before this area became so popular. If you want a good lunch, a glass or pitcher of beer on a comfortable deck. This is your spot. Not upscale, just comfortable.

I have a friend who has stayed here several times and he says it is clean and comfortable and economical.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank johnpaul1

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights in November 2012 while attending a lacrosse tournament. ( I had known about this place previously from being in the area many times). We stayed on the first floor, with two beds, a small kitchen and bathroom. It was PERFECT for everything we needed and wanted. I could make us dinner or breakfast and we could walk across the street to beautiful Vanderbilt Beach! We also were close to the tournament park. Some of the other parents came over to our place and were mad that they hadn't listened to me about staying here because they also loved it. It's perfect for a long or short stay. The owners were very nice and accommodating since our flight didn't leave until late evening so we were able to stay until 4:30pm for a small fee. Their restaurant was also exceptional. I would definitely recommend this little gem and am hoping that the owners hang onto this place since I've seen far too many of these quaint motels go by the wayside for large condos. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Tweetybeets
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was a treasure. We stayed in a suite with a full kitchen, living room and screened in lanai. The kitchen was fully stocked with cookware and utensils. The unit was exceptionally clean, and the staff were friendly and very helpful.

The hotel is literally 2 minutes away from a beautiful white sand beach, and no more than a 15 minute drive to groceries, shopping, alcohol store etc.

The Lighthouse Inn is surrounded by luxury condos and hotels- I can only imagine that there is a lot of pressure on the owners to sell, but I hope they don't! I will certainly go back, and will suggest it to everyone I know.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Mikayla E
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Lighthouse Inn, Naples is a blast of the past. They still use air wall units, actual keys with old time diamond shape key chains, they give you soap, yes the old style little bars of soap.
It was agreat experience, nothing fancy, very plain, very clean, good beds, ok pool. They even have a BBQ that you can use. The indoor kitchen is clean, the oven is clean, the Firgirator clean, bathroom clean.
The property manager is very pleasant, parking is very good.
My wife and I were very pleased and would recommend to any friend.

Room Tip: I asked for the a room with kitchen and Refrigirator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TheGVisitor
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had never stayed at this hotel before but it was higghly recommneded by my family. What a delight to find a clean, well kept property so close to the beach at such a good rate. Everything is close by and pool on hte property is well maintained.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Islander0260
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We read the reviews before we stayed here and knew it was going to be old fashioned so that didn't bother us but as for it being clean...there was hair in the fridge, the bed sheets on the one bed had sand on them and the glass table looked like it had food stuck to it from the 1960s, but it was the cheapest lodging in Naples so I suppose you get what you pay for...very disappointed

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank Blackmalin
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We picked this place from our discount voucher booklet based on location (very near the beach) and on price. We had read phrases like "old Florida style" and "hidden gem" and feared they might be euphemisms for something less than perfect. One look told us we we wrong. For us, this motel was excellent and the highlight of our holiday -we extended an intended 2-night stay to 3.
Some reviewers have called the place dated, but we would say it is utterly charming. Only steps from the wonderful Vanderbilt Beach, and with Buzz's Lighthouse Restaurant attached, it was a delight to stay here. The other guests during our stay were exceptionally friendly - something about the atmosphere perhaps.
If there has to be a criticism, the towels, though plentiful, were near the end of their useful life.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the excellent swimming pool.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple