“Halloween Nightmare”

Vergina on Fifth Avenue
Reserve with OpenTable
Vergina on Fifth Avenue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 1,083 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: The Naples Players, Sugden Community Theater
Description: *WE MAKE FOOD WITH PASSION FOR LASTING IMPRESSIONS* Our Executive Chef is featuring primarily Italian, but also French and Spanish Cuisine. Offering many specialties from the wider Northern Mediterranean Cuisine. Through his culinary creations our Chef presents renown culinary expertise with a refined touch and great attention to detail. The tradition at Vergina continues with many recipes that have not changed since its establishment in the year 2000.
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Several weeks ago I called directly and reserved a table for six for October 31 and requested the patio. I was told that I was one of the first callers and she would request
a patio table for me. Upon arrival the people in our party (who were my neighbors) were
all so disappointed at the table we were given. When I asked to speak to the Manager
and explained my disappointment.....I was told people booked a year ago. I told him that I was told I was one of the first to reserve. What really upset me was the fact that three large groups, from my neighborhood arrived and were all seated on the patio.
I know when they booked, after me!!! The Manage was very nasty to me and another woman in my group when we questioned him. While I was talking to him a woman came in and asked if she could have a table on the patio and he gave it to her and said you have to be finished by 6PM I said you gave her the table on the patio and she did not have a reservation. To compound matters they
had a "Special Menu" which meant inflated prices. The food was not good. Most of
us had various pasta dishes. My husband and I did not finish ours. Needless to say
we will not return to this Restaurant because of the way the Manager treated us.

1  Thank LinG4
Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed October 28, 2018

I had been to this restaurant a few years ago. The food at the time, was mediocre. We thought of giving it another try for lunch, right after arriving from Chicago, since the venue was very attractive and it was pretty full of diners. Besides, the place we originally sought was not open for lunch.
We were so glad all this allowed us to give Vergina another try.The Calamari Fritti was one of the best I have ever had, anywhere. It was very fresh, probably fried tempura/Japanese style. I usually prefer simply squeezing lemon over it, but, this dish came with a delicious tomato/garlic/basil/jalapeno sauce that was slightly hot and fabulous. But, I still got to squeeze some lemon over the calamari. No escaping that.
Even though, I rarely order soup at restaurants, I tried the Minestrone my wife had ordered and it was rich in flavor, ingredients, and tasted delicious.
Additional sides included sauteed spinach (with finely minced garlic) and mini-sized roasted potatoes. Both were absolutely delicious. We will be back.
The waiter was Italian and it was fun comparing notes

Reviewed October 28, 2018

We walked by at 6 pm and saw this restaurant was packed. What was all the hype? We realized they have a Early deal special from 3-6pm where you receive 50% off appetizers, entrees and wine. What a deal! We called ahead to reserve a table on the patio. We shared both the calamari and Caesar salad to start and had veal piccata as our entree. Everything was delicious. Glassses of wine were half price which also was a good deal. Italian food was amazing. This is the best deal on Fifth. Call ahead so you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

We arrived to Naples late Sunday night and had trouble finding anywhere to eat on our stroll of Fifth Ave. Vergina’s
hostess welcomed us to come in. The food was very good and highly recommend there pizza.. cheese is amazing!
We liked the ambiance so much we came back a second time during there incredible happy hour..everything on the Menu is half price..New York strip was delicious.
Highly recommend this place for excellent service and authentic Italian cuisine.

Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Two thumbs up for such a deliciously breakfast. I had the pancakes & lumberjack combination breakfast. Freshly brewed coffee was my kick start to the day. Best breakfast promo in town.