“Not italian quality”

Vergina on Fifth Avenue
Reserve with OpenTable
Vergina on Fifth Avenue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 987 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Naples
Cross street: The Naples Players, Sugden Community Theater
Description: *WE MAKE FOOD WITH PASSION FOR LASTING IMPRESSIONS* Our Executive Chef is featuring primarily Italian, but also French and Spanish Cuisine. Offering many specialties from the wider Northern Mediterranean Cuisine. Through his culinary creations our Chef presents renown culinary expertise with a refined touch and great attention to detail. The tradition at Vergina continues with many recipes that have not changed since its establishment in the year 2000.
“Not italian quality”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

First and Last time we go there!
The food is not fresh, and service is mediocre. Also Overpriced. We had to go to a nearby chocolate store to change our tastes.

1 Thank asilberman

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Lovely Staff”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Two dinners w/ a bottle of wine $40. Cannot go wrong. Excellent service and food was delicious. Loved it!

Visited October 2012
New England
“Nothing to shout about”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This looks like a world class restaurant, but in the end it was just food. Service was pleasant and attentive. The crab cakes were OK, not succulent as I would expect. I got a pasta and shell fish dinner, What can I say except it wasn't exceptional. When I go into a restaurant with this much "Wow" I expect a "wow" meal. Fell short.

Acton, MA
“Shame on you Vergina...shame!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

You may be tempted to stop in because the outdoor seating area looks lovely and the interior and bar of this restaurant are very inviting. Unfortunately that is where our good experience with Vergina ended. We stopped in for lunch (sat at the well appointed bar) in October of this year and ordered off the lunch menu. Before I start on what a colossal disappointment this was, the service at the bar was great no fault there.

We ordered...and I quote the menu here...the "ITALIAN DELI, Loaded with Prosciutto di Parma, Cappicola, Salami, Black Forest Ham, Banana Peppers, LTO, Topped with Provolone Cheese, Drizzled with EVOO and Red Wine Vinaigrette, Served on a Toasted Baguette." This turned out to be 1 piece of salami, 1 piece of cheese and 1 piece of ham (not black forest) on an untoasted roll. The Parma, toasted baguette and banana peppers never made an appearance. Maybe it was their day off.

Also ordered... "MOROCCAN KEBOB, Marinated and Grilled Two Chicken Skewers, Served on Pita with Tomato, Cucumber, Lettuce, Mint, Drizzled with Yogurt Sauce and Sprinkled with Feta Cheese. " Oddly enough since lamb is not even listed they came out to tell me there was no lamb and would it be acceptable to have all chicken. OK, no problem, that's what I thought I was ordering. I guess I should have ordered it cooked because as soon as I started to take chicken off the kebob it was mostly raw. Probably got a couple of pieces that were edible.

Both meals came with truffle fries (which honestly should have been my first clue). Fries came out cold and uncooked.

When asked how everything was my husband replied "not so great actually". The manager standing right there could not have cared less and kept walking.

The martinis were good but $65 later we were feeling pretty ripped off.

1 Thank Reservationfor2
Offshore
“Poor at best”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We went twice in August and thought it great. What changed;
- for some reason they had the lighting turned up acroos the whole restaurant - yet it was about 9pm when we sat down. Very strange
- service was patchy at best. Long wait for a drinks order and at the back end no one wanted to give me a check.
- food was barely OK - vegtables were dunked in hot water.
It should be a great restaurant, its large with interesting seating and the outside/inside flow makes it always seem busy. The bar usuallly has good music but everything else on this visit was below expectations. As it was not just one issue, we will try all the other rated restaurants in Naples before returning. Very frustrating - I thought this was a winner but its not.

1 Thank Vinehall70