Tripadvisor
Naples
Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Rising Tide Explorers tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Naples
from $79.17
from $85.00
from $41.73
from $47.08
More Info
All reviews mangrove tunnels kayak tour rookery bay mud flats snails great kayaking whelks low tide sea creatures eco system knowledgeable guides isle of capri great equipment kayaking experience amazing tour great trip took pictures
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Let me first start by saying how great Sam was! So knowledgeable, friendly, and very interesting! She knew more about the mangroves than the mangroves themselves! Truly the best guided tour I've ever been on, and I've been on a lot! The weather was perfect, the group was perfect, and entertaining I might add,but wow, what a place! Honestly I don't know how Sam was able to keep a straight face when one member of our group dumped himself, and then proceeded to dump his mother! Purely accidental but hysterical nonetheless. If everyone wasn't OK I wouldn't have mentioned it! Through it all Sam and Renee held it together and came to the rescue in the most professional way that it could have been handled. I would highly recommend this trip without a doubt! Ask to have Sam as your guide, she will not disappoint!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Loved our trip with Phoebe and Morgan. They did a great job of getting us inexperienced kayakers to the tunnels and mudflats and back.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Nick was a very Knowledgeable guide. We learned so much and appreciated the wilderness around us thanks so much for the trip

Date of experience: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed January 20, 2020

The whole group was about 8 or 9 kayaks that included us, a family of four with two, 2-person kayaks, going out for a tour on a windy, January afternoon. Our guides were excellent, with loads of information about the area we were kayaking through and the flora and fauna of the mangroves. It may have been the weather but we didn't see much in terms of wildlife - although we did see a "teenaged" bald eagle which was a first for me. The mangroves are beautiful and I learned a whole lot about how they grow, what types there are (and how to identify them), and how they contribute to the ecosystem. The park itself is interesting in that it was originally meant to be a hotel development but the land was "rescued" and it's now a thriving natural preserve. Also, Matt (one of our guides) was happy to reach into the water and pull up random creatures to talk about such as oysters and snails. All around a fun few hours marred only by a HARD paddle back due to the wind.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We thoroughly enjoyed this tour led by Nick and Brian, our two highly educated guides. We learned a tremendous amount about the area (e.g., conservation efforts, how the islands developed), the types of mangroves, and the wildlife that live within them - all delivered by Nick while paddling backwards! The paddling was not strenuous. My 85 year old mom enjoyed paddling in a double kayak and managed to get in and out just fine.

1  Thank Pioneerintrees