“Alexander's Restaurant is superb!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alexander's Restaurant

Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 979 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Alexander's is a small European style Restaurant. Chef owned and operated with his wife Monika from Germany have been serving Neapolitans for more than twenty years. Serving lunch and dinner October thru May, Chef Alexander and his Professional staff will look forward to meet you and hope that you will have a memorable dining experience.We offer a casual fine dining in a elegant but comfortable dining room along with a beautiful garden setting. (Zagat Rated)
Naples, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alexander's Restaurant is superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

After a 29 year run of managing NYC restaurants and private clubs, I moved to Naples, Fl.
Sampling some of the best culinary sites that Naples had to offer, I happened upon Alexander's Restaurant in January '13 (4077 Tamiami Trl N # D101, Naples, FL 34103). AMAZING! The outdoor venue had the feel of a dream Hollywood movie set, the service was exceptional considering that I quickly gave up anticipating good service since leaving NYC. The highlight was clearly the attention to detail, preparation and execution of the cuisine!! Chef / Owner Alexander Bernard has managed to deliver a 100% NYC experience, across the board! Every course was exquisite! From the escargot to the organic house salad to the incredible Macadamia encrusted, locally caught Grouper to the creative, individual mini desserts! I am already looking forward to my next visit very soon! I am a Hospitality Management professional, I have never considered submitting a restaurant review in the past. Alexander's Restaurant is superb!

• Visited January 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“One of Naples' best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

The food is generally excellent with fine service. If the weather is ok, try to reserve outside - even though surrounded by offices, the feeling at night is romantic with tiny lights. You will definitely enjoy this restaurant.

Visited November 2012
Marco Island, Florida
“Sometimes a little thing can ruin a great meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We had been hearing of Alexander's for years so were excited to try it when our friends called and asked us to join them. A rather quiet night at the restaurant and very pleasant weather sounds like it would make for a good outing and an excellent chance to try the outdoor patio.
Service was very good and the food itself was excellent. Maybe the best fish I have ever eaten. The patio was well lit and in a festive spirit at this holiday season. The problem was that we were seated at the outer edge of the seating area I my seat had a horrible view of an alleyway and rather bright hall lights mounted on the ceiling. By the end of the meal, I was running out of there. You might think that with only 3 tables of diners, they would seat you in a better spot. I may accept partial blame for not speaking up but I did not want to embarass my friends. Next time I will!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hartford, Connecticut
“Classic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Alexander's is located in a place that looks like an office park, but when you walk behind the building to the entrance, you are greeted by a lovely, large patio with white lights and heat lamps. Inside is standard upscale with a small bar seating area.
The food is good: one of us had an excellent tuna steak that was presented beautifully; another had duck, and she was very pleased; another had the grouper and raved about it; I had the seafood risotto, which was quite good.
This is a good place for a special occasion, as it isn't cheap. I was there with my 70 year old father and his girlfriend, and it was perfect for the evening.

Visited December 2012
“A Chef works here?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

My family and I were in Naples over Christmas so we booked a reservation at Alexander's for Christmas based on its rating and mostly favourable reviews here. In fairness, there were some unfavourable reviews here too, but we rationalized that there are some people who are very particular and can never be pleased. That was a mistake. Our Chrismas eve dinner was memorable for its badness.

First we ordered drinks. They only serve beer and wine. After the waiter listed the mere 5 beers they serve, one guest ordered a Heineken only to have the waiter return and advise they were out. To put this in perspective, this was the START of the dinner service. The other guest ordered a cranberry and soda. What came was a tasteless, utterly flat drink. When we asked the waiter if there was soda in the drink he confessed that they used San Pelligrino water instead. That's certainly not soda. Still, the bottle of water they used must have been open some time ago as there was no hint of fizz.

I choose one of their Christmas specials, billed as a traditional roast goose dinner with chestnut dressing. It came with a starter salad, which was a plate of limp lettuce with a slice of carrot on which there was schmeared of a goopy thick balsmic glaze that could not be incorpoated into the salad as a dressing. My main course arrived with the plate swimming in a gravy. I took a bite of the goose which was cold, as was the gravy, and it was tough and dry. No doubt Alexander was trying to mask the dryness by having the bird swim in gravy. I sent it back advising the waiter it was cold.

The second attempt, served this time by the hostess, was astonishing. The "goose" was comprised of bits of meat (you know the little ragged bits of meat that fall to the cutting board as you are carving that you feed to your dog because you would never consider putting it on a serving platter) that were swimming in gravy with a sole thin slice of the bird. (Another guest remarked, "What is that? Slop?" You get the picture.) And it was barely room temperature. When I beckoned to the waiter to tell him I wasn't going to eat, let alone pay $35 for this cold mess, his reaction was priceless. Looking at the goose bits, he said, " but mam that's the bits of braised cabbage". I said, "I don't think so. Look again" at which point he turned on his flashlight and found the cabbage swimming at the other side of the plate, and said "Oh no, you're right, the cabbage is over there. I can't apologise to you enough. "

No self-respecting chef should have sent that plate out. Appalling.

2 Thank Kathryn P
alex b, Owner at Alexander's Restaurant, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We regret that you had a terrible dining expierence at Alexander"s. I.ll have to agree that the goose wasen"t up to par in some cases. We were a little over whelmed in our tiny kitchen at times. I can only say that we have been here for 18 years same Chef/owner and largley the same staff. We love our job,our customers always trying to improve. Although you probably will never come back I wish you would to regain your trust in our restaurant,
Alexander.