“overall great stay!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mulberry
Brownsville, Texas
“overall great stay!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

overall our stay was very nice and rexlaing, staff were very nice
rooms were nice and clean...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lesley a

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We almost cancelled our reservations after reading the reviews-- but decided to try it out. Not as bad as indicated. This is a former Super 8. The price was absolutely right. We only slept in the hotel- we were gone most of the time. The rugs on the floors were clean. Our room was clean and housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning it while we were out. The continental breakfast was basic and we skipped it. Our interactions with the staff were few but pleasant. Free WiFi-- decent channel selection on TV-- no bed bugs or other bugs in the room. We did sleep well.

Room Tip: We requested Handicapped-- there is no elevator so you want to be on first floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BettyBoop1941
Keokuk, Iowa
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We came from Iowa to visit friends and family in this area and was told that this hotel was a good place to stay and that they had weekly rates. We arrived on Monday the 13th and was treated fine. I woke up Tuesday morning to take a shower and noticed that the shower curtain had mold on it all the way across the bottom and about a foot up from the bottom. They replaced it that morning. I tried to make coffee that morning and the coffee maker did not work and they replaced it that day. I tried to use my laptop on Monday night and could not get to the internet, so Tuesday morning I went to the front desk and they informed me that I had to call an (800) number to get a user name and password, which I thought was kinda of unusal, because I had stayed at other places and the front desk would set you up with this information. This worked until Friday night and I lost communication again and they told me that they were working on it and would get it back in a couple of hours. Never di get it back. Saturday morning at 6:30 am we were woken up by the fire alarm going off. This happened off ond on all morning. We went out to breakfast because all they had left was cereal, warm milk, and warm juice and this was at 8:30 in the morning. There breakfast was suppose to be from 6 - 10:00 am. There was no fruit nor any doughnuts. We got back from breakfast and we asked them it they fixed the fire alarm and they said yes. At about 11:30 It went off again and this time it ran for about 15:00 minutes. This time we packed up and left and asked for a refund of some kind. To our amazement, the front desk said that they could not do that it was up to the manager and he would not be in until Monday afternoon.I felt like every time there was a problem the resopnse was "we are working on it and will call you later or it will be fixd in a couple of hours and we checked back we got the same answer. We were there from Monday afternoon until Sunday afternoon and suppose to chek out on Moday morning. This was a very bad expreience for my wife and I and of all the motel/hotels that we have stayed at over the years this was the worst. We have been traveling for the past 10 years or so and stayed at many different chains and this was the worst.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jim S

Travelers are raving about these Mulberry hotels

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Rooms stink, mold on shower head, beds are horrible,$72, not woth it, for the same price u can stay in lakeland at the ramada, after waking up at 4am to fly from wisconsin I was exhausted went to bed around 1030pm, woke up twice due to bad beds and then at 6am the fire alarms were going off every 10 minutes

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank witraveler22
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our trip to Mulberry was suppose to be for half business and a mini vacation to get away from the normal routine. Our arrival there was the same as Angela's the room smelled, we brought cloths for a 50's Sox Hop and the hotel didn't even have an Ironing board. The front desk service was not receptive to our request for an Iron and board and after the second time to the front desk got a snotty reply that we don't have any Ironing boards. As for the bed linings the banket was holly, (Not religious), sheets didn't fit the bed, and the Air Conditioner wouldn't cool the room on FULL COOL. We did however have two towels but no wash cloths. I see that most of the reviews are from 2009 but I am writing on a stay from the middle of November 2011. I am planning another visit to Mulberry in March and plan on staying in south Lakeland. I will never stay at the Mulberry Inn again.

Pokey
St. Cloud,FL.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Pokey10
mulberry,fl.
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Under no circumstances should anyone check in here without looking at the room first. The place is filthy, even the hallway. The horribly stained(yuck) blanket is placed on the bed so the nasty end is tucked tightly down at the foot of the bed to lessen chance of patrons seeing it. The entire blanket has small holes. The room SMELLED. The first few minutes after entering, it actually made me cough. And this was a non-smoking room. If you spend the night here, you wont be able to put on clothes you brought in with you because they will have absorbed the odor. A "do not disturb" sign means nothing. Nor does letting the desk clerk know you do not want anyone entering your room while you are out. So please take any valuables with you. Try the Stay Inn and Suites in Bartow for same $ or go to Lakeland.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank angela b
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Before coming to Florida, I read the reviews on your website. I was concerned but decided, what the hey, I'll give it a shot...... What I found was anything but the descriptions listed on your website. The hotel was very nice, the entire staff was friendly, curteous, and very helpful. The room was clean and nice, and, as hard as I tried, I did not find a bug anywhere......!! I don't know where the people who wrote before me stayed, but I can honestly say it wasn't at the Super 8 I was in. I will stay in Mulberry again, most definitely......

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nelson1414
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mulberry
Hampton Inn Bartow
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lakeland South
Imperial Swan Lakeland
Imperial Swan Lakeland
#23 of 33 in Lakeland

Been to BEST WESTERN Mulberry Hotel? Share your experiences!