“Average diner”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States
“Average diner”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We had heard good things about this place so decided to try it out on a Wednesday evening. The place is seat-yourself, and we were recognized by a waitress who brought menus and water shortly after we arrived. There were about 6 other tables with patrons, and a large board above the counter advertised the specials. I ordered the spaghetti special, and my husband ordered a hot beef with some confusion with the waitress about what actually came with it. His "fruit bowl" side was unidentifiable pieces of orange and yellow squares of "fruit". The food was typical diner fare, and the place was clean. We never saw another person besides the one waitress although sounds from the kitchen indicated that another person must have been back there. The waitress came by to check on us once. Just seemed kind of stark and quiet. Maybe its busier for breakfast.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Judy C

“New owners....??”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I had rated this restaurant previously for their wonderful breakfasts. Today was my first visit under their new ownership, and I was really disappointed. While our waitress was very nice, the service was slow. It took longer than usual to be acknowledged after being seated, and a long time for food. Still a great breakfast, but not if you are in a hurry. I doubt I'll be back.... Sorry!

2 Thank conchfritter33050
Bartow
“Not worth the drive from Bartow”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went for lunch on a Saturday. The food is mediocre at best. I got a Monte Cristo....what a joke! It was 2 pieces of French Toast bread with meat and cheese in it...and it came with a small container of Raspberry glaze/syrup. I asked for hot fresh crisp fries and it must have gone in one ear and out the other. The wrap my husband got was dull and had little or no ranch dressing on it.
We had an IDC coupon with is a BOGO.. but the rude cashier along with her friend insisted that it was a get a free meal after you dine 12 times. When we said "no, that's not the offer", they rudely talked about what they always did and said "fine, I don't care, Im getting off soon anyway" rather than go get the manager to be sure. Service was slow at first but I think the lovely (and I am serious about that) manager noticed I was looking around a lot for my drink refills and was prompt after that. I would as soon stay home as go back there.

• Visited January 2014
todd078, Owner at Joshua's Kitchen, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
I am sorry that you feel you had a bad experience, I am the owner and was in the building at the time you were there. Wish you would have ask for me, I am sure we would have worked out any problem that you had. Feel free to come in and see me for a free meal.
Mulberry, Florida, United States
“Christian atmosphere and good food.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food is very good for a very fair price. Clean and friendly atmosphere.
I love the fact they display their Christianity.

I eat there usually once a week. It would be more often if I lived closer.

• Visited December 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Disappointed”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went for breqkfast with high hopes and were greatly disapointed. My wife had pancakes that were barely done and were rubbery.. My eggs bacon hashbrowns were just ok. Servuce was ok but food not very good

Visited October 2013