“Take out with a difference”

Sugar Boo's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Mount Dora
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Lots of things about this place are different. Firstly it's not in town but in a non upmarket area where you may think you are lost just before you find it. We ordered by phone and waited only a minute to collect. I guess they take cards but we were recommended by local friends to pay cash? The bibs were superb, the chicken was very tasty, the sauce we found to be too spicy for our liking. The lady who served us was fantastic, friendly chat and some tourist info. When I go again I will get some salad items first and make it evEn better.

2  Thank Rowland W

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a long-time regular visitor. They have a faithful following of locals that mostly do pickup from the drive-thru after calling ahead. Tina & JT are the best with always a friendly smile. They do have some outside seating on benches under the trees. They are well off the beaten path and are only open Friday, Saturday & Sunday. My Friday favorite is the Jumbo Pull Pork Sandwich which is very tinder with lots of smokey flavor. I'm partial to the hot sauce which has a flavorful bite. My Sunday selection which my wife also enjoys are the most tinder "fall of the bone" and tasty pork ribs you will ever eat. Look forward to joining you some noon on Friday.

1  Thank FoodForOnTheMove
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Great food, clean and the staff was very friendly! Eat here :) you won't regret it! Heads up-no inside seating so enjoy he BBQ and fresh air.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This used to be the place to go for BBQ. The last few times we were the food was only ordinary - the potato salad was excellent but the beef and chicken was below par.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Excellent BBQ! Home cooking at it's best. Too bad they are only open on weekends. I'd go more often.