“Hampton Inn Mt Dora, FL”

Hampton Inn Mount Dora
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent facilities, clean and well kept. The staff made the stay worthwhile. They were genuinely friendly and helpful, attentive to our needs and went WAY above and beyond for us. Our granddaughter's first birthday was spent at this hotel, bringing family from 4 states together. The staff made this event extra special, which was unexpected and certainly exceeded our expectations.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is the second time within a year that we have stayed at this hotel. Both times we were satisfied with the rooms and service. The food while standard Hampton fare was fresh and hot. When I made the reservation on line I reserved two rooms but mistakenly made one smoking. Despite the hotel being full the desk clerk was able to switch the room to non smoking upon arrival. The rooms were clean and acceptable.
Two things that were not found to be acceptable; the wall A/C unit was too noisy and we found a cockroach in our room the next morning. We called the front desk which sent someone up to "capture" the cockroach which they did in a paper cup. We appreciated the quick action but to be honest the experience of finding a cockroach in our bed was somewhat disturbing and may likely effect our decision to stay at the Mt Dora Hampton Inn in the future.

Room Tip: Check out A/C noise before settling into the room
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Quesa at the front desk worked very hard to make our stay cry nice. The food was fresh and not every morning and the rooms were clean and fresh. Loved the fresh and clean duvet on the beds when we checked in. We were there for a funeral and they made us feel very comfortable. Thanks Quesa for all of your help and the bright smiles

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow if you like a flatter one. While they have four on each bed they were all ver...
1  Thank Art S
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed four nights and had a wonderful time. The breakfast was delightful each morning. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The room and common areas were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I had specific needs and made a specific request online and over the phone. The hotel was nearly vacant, yet my rooms were given away and I did not receive the bed type I needed and requested. I acknowledge there is often no guarantee, but I was verbally assured my two connecting rooms would be made available to me. The desk person just said "we don't look at room types until day of" which means you'll get what they feel like giving you. My room AC rattled, the refrigerator would not cool. Other room the TV would not come on. Room was clean, hotel is clean, hard to see from the road due to the trees, so you'll likely drive past it but can make an easy turn around.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed two nights we were in Mount Dora for a beautiful wedding.The hotel is
clean very well maintained.The breakfast was outstanding.The staff was very friendly and helpful.
We will definitely stay here again

2  Thank Jacqueline G
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Clean and tidy basic hotel. I will definitely stay here again when I am next in this area. The hotel was easy to locate and very convenient for me to visit my customer. The complimentary breakfast was very basic but adequate.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Key West Resort on Lake Dora
Best Western Plus Lake County Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tavares
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Leesburg/Mt Dora

Been to Hampton Inn Mount Dora? Share your experiences!