“Historic, Charming Lakeside INN”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lakeside Inn

Lakeside Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mount Dora
Sarasota, Florida
“Historic, Charming Lakeside INN”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

We visited Mount Dora in Dec. just a few days after the New Owner of the Lakeside Inn had taken over. The town was busy with shoppers and the Inn was rocking with music. The ongoing conversation was that the Inn had a new owner and hopefully a new life. A month later the Inn has a fresher, cleaner look. The trees have been trimmed, so one can enjoy the beautiful sunsets over the lake. The sidewalks are repaired, the lake frontage is cleaned up and the pool is getting a makeover. The room was comfortable and clean. The dinning room is charming, the food and service was excellent. Our Mount Dora stay and experience was very enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Nice location. Rooms were shabby. The maid service was real bad. They DID NOT change the bed sheets at all. I was in the room while they were cleaning, so I know first hand. I also looked into the hallway and there was no laundry cart at all either. HAD BED BUGS WHEN WE GOT HOME. The treatment for doctor & prescriptions were over $250.00 for the three of us. Highly over priced for the rooms. The rooms ARE NOT like the ones that they show on their website either. The waiter at lunch time was either drunk or high while he tried to serve us. The food was average at best and over priced. We ate at the local vendors the rest of the visit. The local businesses were fantastic, carriage ride was great. Our friend was getting married and my wife performed the ceremony. The Inn could not even carry the sound equipment in/out to the dock (lake front wedding) without telling us that we had to carry it. The cost of the wedding was blown out of proportion also. Overall the area and venors was great. Would go to the area again but never to the Lakeside Inn again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank gold68chevy

Travelers are raving about these Mount Dora hotels

Winter Park, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My husband & I and our Yorkie stayed at the Inn on 1/8/11. While the pictures on the website promised lovely and quaint accommodations, the reality was quite different.
The porch and the lobby were cute, the location was good, and the restaurant looked fine, but the first room they gave us was one step above a jail cell. Dark, musty, peeling paint, filthy bathroom and rug. The uncovered box springs showed all the disgusting stains. We were given keys to 2 more rooms to look at without even an inquiry as to why we didn't like the room. We chose the one that was exactly the same, but with more light. When we pulled off the bedspread, we were treated to a multi stained blanket. When I called the front desk to report that and to have another one brought to the room, I felt like I was bothering her and no apology was given. We requested a refrigerator be brought to the room. It was delivered within a few minutes, which was good, but when I opened it I was nearly knocked over by the mildew smell! While flipping on the light in the bathroom during the night, I was greeted by a 2 inch cockroach! Not a big surprise.
I just wonder how they can justify charging the prices that they do! 30.00 would have been too much.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robinnora
Chuluota
Reviewed December 29, 2010

After much deliberation we decided to use Lakeside Inn for our daughters wedding. We met with Lisa Morgan (the wedding coordinator) and toured the property. Lisa was able to answer all of our questions and attended the event. During the planning process, Lisa was available 24/7 for assistance (we spoke many times). Her help in planning this event was huge. Lisa is a valuable asset for wedding planning!

The venue is a charming historic hotel that exudes warmth and character. We received many compliments from our guests regarding the quality of the food and the professionalism of the staff. (We had over 100 in attendance). We had a fantastic time and I would highly recommend that you consider Lakeside Inn in your choices. This location is perfect.

• Stayed December 2010
Sanford
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We had our wedding outside the hotel down by the lake in late September 2010. Family members came in from out of town and stayed at the hotel. Our wedding and reception were fantastic! Lisa Morgan did a wonderful job as the wedding coordinator and worked very hard to make sure everything was perfect! The only downside was that the hotel is a historic inn, over 100 years old, and the appearance of the hotel reflects that. Unfortunately, the rooms are old and musty, but the hotel has been working to make them better. Overall, our experience at the hotel was great! I would certainly recommend it for a wedding and reception!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2010

I invited 3 good friends to the Inn, where I had stayed 2 times previously so we good attend the antique fair. I had overlooked the aging of the place due to the beautiful setting and proximity to cute Mt. Dora. However, this will be the last stay based on extreme disappointment. I requested a double with a bed in the parlor over a month in advance and upon arrival was told we only had a sofa bed option. I was not offered compensation because "you only registered 3 people" although a 4th person joined us at the last minute. I paid extra for another room and when the weather became warmer the next evening the A/C did not work. Although a maintenance man looked at it I did not hear from management nor did anyone check the system again. We returned late in the evening to a humid room but it was to late to change rooms. Upon complaining to the desk clerk a small amount was taken off the bill and there was no apology. The rooms are not worth the rates charged especially during special events. The service at breakfast was very slow, although food was good at dinner and breakfast. We were told that the Inn had been sold to new owners which may be the best thing as the rooms need major renovation and upgrading! I will return to Mt. Dora which is a charming town but will choose a B and B next time.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Kannapolis, North Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2010

My family is in the area and they joined me for many area activities during our stay including Light up Mount Dora, shopping, eating at local restaurants, sunset tour and canal tour. We found the hotel expected to be sold 11/30, after our visit. I would recommend the new owners add microwaves and coffee pots - available in some rooms but not the room we stayed in. Staff seemed overwhelmed with the number of guests staying over Thanksgiving weekend but Kim and Deborah were very helpful, especially with room arrangements for a friends mother in a wheelchair. We were in Mount Dora last July, and decided to stay here on our next visit when we saw the front porch.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
#3 of 11 in Mount Dora
Mount Dora Historic Inn
Mount Dora Historic Inn
#5 of 11 in Mount Dora

Been to Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!