Lakeside Inn
La Bella Inn(Tavares)
$60
$109
1,016 results
All reviewshistoric hotellake dorafront porchrocking chairsview of the lakeold floridastep back in timewalk in closetwatch the sunsetnew ownersbeautiful groundscentral floridaglass of winepark your carget awayquaint townwedding anniversary
Reviewed January 22, 2009

We just got back from a winter getaway in lovely Mt. Dora! We called the hotel directly to book our package deal (it included 2 nights, 2 $20 vouchers towards breakfast, and one $50 voucher towards dinner, plus a bottle of wine)-they were very polite and accomodating, so I decided to ask them about the mixed reviews I had read online. Being an old inn; they are constantly conducting renovations, and they told us they would "note our request." Well, they booked us in a beautiful two room suite. We were very pleased with the room, the service was great-they even brought in a mini-fridge for us! The restaurant had amazing breakfasts, the waiters and waitresses were friendly and fast! They had a great deal for dinner, too, the sunset specials. For a relaxing weekend, and getting away from our cold weather, it was perfect!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 6, 2009

I celebrated my wedding at Lakeside Inn. The ceremony and the reception. This location is beautiful and romantic. The food at the reception was delicious and the staff friendly. My only complaints go to the bar staff. The female bartender that night refused to serve my guests, even the father of the bride....I was mortified to hear this after I returned from my honeymoon. Also, our reception was in the lobby, and the bar door was left open, therefore the tables in the back could only hear the music coming from the bar and could not hear the speeches, etc. Once, again, the site is beautiful and the staff that dealt directly with our wedding were great, I just think that the bar staff needs a little more service training.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2008

We had a family party at the Inn and thankfully only stayed one night. Our room was not ready to check into until after 4:00pm. The hallways are extremely noisy. This Inn has seen better days and appears rather run down. We needed to use a piano for our event and the one provided to us was unplayable. The event room was hot. The catering manager was much too slow in responding to reasonable complaints.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2008

Hi,
I missed getting reservations for Thanksgiving Dinner at our local Hotel, the Belleview Biltmore, so I thought I would try this hotel in Mt Dora that I saw a story about on TV. Oh Boy, what a mistake it was. I can only imagine that nearly all their staff must have quit that day as they were totally unprepared for a relatively light crowd of Diners. It was Thanksgiving after all, most people stay home, right? Well I arrived on time at 2:30 and was told there was 30 minute wait....not bad. Figured I would get my comp glass of Champagne with my girlfriend. Could not find anyone to open a bottle or even get a clean glass from; Coffee and Champagne were right in front of us, tempting us, with no cup or glasses. At one hour I asked the hostess if she forgot us, as she keeps telling people there still is only a 30 minute wait. Poor girl looks totally freeked out at what is going on and gives no stright answer. My girl and I continue to wait, thank god she is a trooper and didn't make me feel bad about picking this place. At one Hour, I finally get someone to pop a champagne bottle and bring a clean glass, my girl gets a little buzzed as we haven't eated in three hours now.
Curiuosly I go inside to see five tables of prepared food and wonder why are there so many empty dinning tables when it is a Buffet and there is no need to for wait staff? Just let us eat for God's sake. Give me a plate and I will sit on the floor if I have to. At two hours, it is too late to look to go somewhere else, even if something was open. Now it is 2.5 hours, looks like a riot is about to begin, someone finally seats us, and we run to the SELF-SERVE buffet. Food is OK, nothing outstanding and no one is having any fun there; what a way to ruin a holiday. Sad thing is it all could have been avoided. First don't lie to me about the wait time! Second, it only would have taken one person to bring out a few plates of appetizers to those waiting outside, everyone would have calmed down. Third, give out a comp drink or two to those waiting. Fourth, How about an apology. If the staff didn't show up that day I will understand, just say you are sorry. MAYBE GIVE ME A COUPON OR SOMETHING. I only didn't give it a one star because no one was nasty, everyone was nice, just not prepared and not forthcoming with the truth about the problems. Wish I had read the other reviews before going. Could be a nice place. Next year we are staying home, I do miss a week of leftovers and homemade stuffing.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank funfloridasun
Reviewed December 14, 2008

Our room was dark and had a smell of a deodorizer that had gone terribly wrong or cheap perfume that had been spilled on carpet! The smell was almost unbearable!

The bathroom was dirty and the toilet seemed to be held by a single bolt.

Windows were painted shut and could not be opened to get fresh air.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2008